Unbelievable--This Is A Heads Up!

leroy65

Hi Leroy well I bet after you get done there great and might even be better as they might bring out so much that is under the surface , you are not alone as Rich is even reheating and making a lot of them , I have some of his reheated ones will add some pics later of the ones he has reheated , Keep up the good work . Mike

I've been Reconditioning/Polishing marbles for over 20 years and never have I seen such marbles as the ones that I'm working on right now. This is the first post that I've done in a long long time and now only because there is a new level of marbles. I realize that certain people will take offense at what I'm posting, but that's their problem.

I was asked to remove some orange peel from some of the new JABO's (made within the last few years, I can't pin point the exact time as only the owner(s) has the right to do that .) They were beautiful before I removed the orange peel, but in comparing the marble after the orange peeling was removed, is like comparing night to day. I can only say at this time that if down the road you have a chance to add one or more of these marbles to your collection, you will have something to really show off.

When I return them to their owner(s), I'm hoping that they will post some pictures and I feel sure that they will. I can't post pictures as only the owner(s) have the right to do that . At this time, this is all I'm going to say about this wonderful mibs.

----Leroy----

Sounds great! And if it's as dramatic as you say, wouldn't Jabo like to achieve the same effect off the line without the necessity of hand finishing! lol! Aside from melting, can you comment on the best polishing medium for polishing undamaged marbles? I'm thinking for use with a variable speed Dremel tool with a sewing machine foot controller. I have heard cerium oxide slurry is the primary choice of compounds for finish polishing glass. Waiting for a jar of the stuff to be delivered now! Looking forward to your work being posted.

Saw some polished Jabo's about 3-4 years back.They look drastically different than the original item.There were about a dozen of them ,all the same size and color I think.They were deep redish brown,kinda oxblood looking.No aventurine,very nice looking mibs.I thought to myself maybe one day I would have some of my jabo's polished,they did look good!

I only mentioned cerium oxide as both aquarium manufacturers and shower door companies recommend it as the final finish after using more abrasive steps for scratch and chip removal - mixed into a slurry with water. I got a jar of it through Amazon and showerdoordirect.com to try with my dremel on newer marbles or basket case marbles that I'd throw out, otherwise, from large lots. I've tried diamond foam pads from 60 - 3200 grit but the marbles can come out square if your not able to remove glass evenly all round. Wow a "three headed machine" no less! I'm calling Kingsley just in hopes of seeing what one of those looks like! Im thinking with three heads its a hands off deal? Otherwise you must have some shiny knuckles.

So big polished jabos look just like AKRO red slags. Is that good or is that bad? Slags have always been a bit murky to ID and the usual answer on ones in question is they are likely AKRO. Maybe the answer is bot good and bad. A red slag that is better than the original jabo and bad because red slags are collectible and now a "NEW" red slag to watch out for. Bill

• 2 weeks later...