You Can Remove Small Surface Chips, Sparkles, And Scratches

I had a small marble, not worth anything, but it had a closely cropped cluster of damage. I decided to try and repair it by hand just to see if it could be done without leaving a flat spot. I allowed myself one hour to do the project. I took some 350 sandpaper and started sanding, working the paper all around the area. It took less than 15 minutes to take out about 80 percent of the damage but I had to stop there as a remaining sliver of a sparkle was at the very top surface of the glass. If I had kept going with the 350 it would have opened up a seam and the buffing agent would have gotten in underneath and ruined the whole project. And if i had kept going and opened up a seam, i would have had to pop the remaining sparkle out which would have left a crater. I then started with the 600 sandpaper and it took about 35 minutes to get it ready for the final buff. It took about 70 minutes total start to finish time, and I had no flat spot.

DOUBLE CLICK THE THUMBNAIL TO ENLARGE

post-299-0-32928900-1326111541_thumb.jpg

post-299-0-96337300-1326188888_thumb.jpgSCRUBBER wasn't good enough for you Republicans, try this

Since i got no response to my original posting, i made improvements. Along with the $2 scrub there i now a $5 scrub. (in lots of 5 or more). This $5.00 treatment will remove light to medium scratches, small in size and depth chips, small on the surface sparkles. and pinpricks. This process only removes about 2 to 6 thousands of an inch in glass stock. (the average thickness of a humain hair about 3 thousands of an inch). Most will have no idea that the marble had been worked on. Let me know, Ronnie

Hi Ronnie, i dont think anyone responded because we have no idea who you are,, no disrespect but why should anyone send you thousands of dollars worth of mibs that you plan on altering when no one knows who u are,, just saying,,and im not trying to be mean, there is guys in here that do this same thing with marbles but use an easier technich(sp) plus they actually have a reputation. I wish you all the luck in the world with this idea you have, i really do,, bj

well if it works but only a little what if you send threw the ScRUBER more than once ?? need a lot more aboout this process . Mike

Since i got no response to my original posting, i made improvements. Along with the $2 scrub there i now a $5 scrub. (in lots of 5 or more). This $5.00 treatment will remove light to medium scratches, small in size and depth chips, small on the surface sparkles. and pinpricks. This process only removes about 2 to 6 thousands of an inch in glass stock. (the average thickness of a humain hair about 3 thousands of an inch). Most will have no idea that the marble had been worked on. Let me know, Ronnie

I'd like to see more before and after examples of this technique. I have quite a few fogged up marbles that aren't missing glass, but are just really cloudy from rubbing against each other for decades. I would sure enjoy seeing a few of them shine again. But then, I'm not one to sell marbles and these wouldn't be worth much fog or shine anyway.