Baseball, Glass Onyx, Vitro Agates Wediscount2

I'm curious about the information on the left page that says Champion Agate sold these type of marbles in Champion Jr. bags. I have not heard that before. I had always associated the Champion Jr. bags with Peltier or maybe Berry Pink with his jobber type bags. I'm talking about the orange/white "checkerboard" type headers. Peltier also used the term "Champion Jr." on many of their other headers on polybags, etc. I have never seen any Champion Agate made marbles in any bags with the name Champion Jr. in the header. I don't recall Champion Agate ever making marbles that look like the "Onyx" and Rainbos pictured. Please clarify.

I LOVE this glimpse into the language and classifications which were in use when mibology was just coming into its own.

Ronnie, thank you very much for these pix.

By the way, I've seen some terminology which was used in the 1940's and 1950's by Berry Pink. I think that there would be people today taking exception to it too or at least noting how different it was from names we use now.

Anyway, even I don't post it in every thread, I'm reading your notes with interest. Thanks again!

I'm curious about the information on the left page that says Champion Agate sold these type of marbles in Champion Jr. bags. I have not heard that before. I had always associated the Champion Jr. bags with Peltier or maybe Berry Pink with his jobber type bags. I'm talking about the orange/white "checkerboard" type headers. Peltier also used the term "Champion Jr." on many of their other headers on polybags, etc. I have never seen any Champion Agate made marbles in any bags with the name Champion Jr. in the header. I don't recall Champion Agate ever making marbles that look like the "Onyx" and Rainbos pictured. Please clarify.

Al, I simply do not remember the specifics concerning these marbles or where the information was obtained. Not trying to be vague on the matter, just trying to be honest about it. Ronnie