Questions

m!b$

Would this Akro with transparent red be referred to as a Blood n Bones?

Is this an Onionskin or a Joseph's Coats? And why? I'm going with Onionskin because it appears there is white underneath all the colors. Is that referred to as a skin? It has been buffed.

Would this Onionskin be considered lobed?

Solid core or divided core?

These marbles and more will be for sale next week on Ebay. I'm continuing to sell off a good portion of my marble collection.

http://www.ebay.com/...=&_trksid=p3686

In your first post, I'd say the onionskin is slightly lobed. You can see it in the lower left picture. Sometimes the lobes are much more obvious. The Akro question: is it fluorescent? I've had several of those where the white is sort of creamy in color and the red is transparent. To me it's just a red and white corkscrew, but the fluorescence is part of the definition of B & B. If you can't see any spaces between the colors on the central core of your last marble, it's safe to call it a solid core. Maybe it's called finned when it's constructed like yours? Whatever, it's really pretty. Finally, I vote onionskin on your 2nd marble. Nice group.

Blood n Bones (or whatever it is) isn't fluorescent.

There is some space between some of the ribbons on the fourth marble, but not much. I think of a solid core as something that can't be taken apart, or can't be divided into separate ribbons. I thought this one might be a divided core, but maybe it could go either way.

The first picture is a transparent NLR. I've had several over the years. Back when Les Jones was selling (obviously before he died) on ebay, he used to get quite a few $$ for them. Now they seem to be mostly ignored. I don't know about Woodies--apologies to those who might know I'm smirking as I write that.