Change Of Mind.....

Marble King all the way IMO. The lack of loops or Ss between the end of the seams spell Marble King to me. Never seen a CAC 2 seamer with straightish lines on both sides of the marbles. Here are some typical side shots.

2896560.JPG

Rich - I'm going to take a stab at this and maybe Galen can tell me if I'm right.....

The colors on yours are blended - on the Morphy's one, the colors are very distinct and do not show much, if any blending.

On yours the seam is more "soft", almost as if someone folded the glass under on each side of the seam - on the other the seam looks more like it was cut with a knife.

The glass colors themselves on yours are tints and shades as opposed to CAC colors which are closer to pure hues.

The stripes on yours waver, but they are continuous across each side of the marble, while on the CAC, the sections of striped glass overlap in placeslike overlapping paint strokes at slightly different angles.

well, how'd I do CACmeisters?

Marble King all the way IMO. The lack of loops or Ss between the end of the seams spell Marble King to me. Never seen a CAC 2 seamer with straightish lines on both sides of the marbles. Here are some typical side shots.

Cac 101..........why the big big magnification if it just that easy? I believe that trait in a 2 seam cac is known by all who collects them. But thanks for pointing it out! What traits are you looking at deep deep inside? It's amazing what the yaysayers ignore! mon

Just like regular CAC 2 seamers they do not all have the S pattern. But when I see it I know it is a CAC fosho.

Really?

Mig sent you pics of my exotics for your expertise and you thought some were questionable. My mibs are on the first page. Which ones did you have a problem with? Every exotic I had, had the "s" trait, and that's fosho. Why would you just not ask if they had this structure and be done with it? mon

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Thanks mon.

I still am confused though after looking at the Morphy picture up close. Below is the picture. I don't see and "S" shape but they call it CAC????? The description is number 299.

Did they make an error? How often do they make errors?

Thanks

post-2583-0-04370200-1336574383_thumb.jp

post-2583-0-83205900-1336574495_thumb.jp

We're at a disadvantage on the Morphy because there's just one angle. If we were to see the pole or top view, I think its CA traits would be more evident. I've seen others like yours here in MK land. Many have the as-made swiss cheese effect. Marbles like this came from both MK factories. Yours looks like Paden City's product, not St. Marys. And the one inch size makes it very unlikely it could be CA. At any rate, yours is not an easy marble to find and many of these found are in poor scratched, chipped condition. That's because they all have come from dumpsites. Marble King has a perplexing history. It's as though they decided to make some of the country's most beautiful marbles of the 50's/60's and throw them over the hill or into the river. Then they took their more mundane offerings such as white-based single color Patch & Ribbons, bagged those up to present to the nation's kids. If not for the discovery of (many) dumps, MK would be a minor player in today's collector circles. Thank you diggers, where ever you are!

Thanks for that explanation Nutz.

When I first started collecting, I had no interest in MK because the basis of my collection was older and the only MK's I ran across were, as you put it. "mundane". Then as time went by, a few really nice blended rainbows came my way and then a few oddballs like the one Rich has that almost mimic striped CACs. Now I have new found respect...AND a nice big MK box.

Mon, what is your post about? Just hammering my previous posts or trying to contribute. I never do say always. But I haven't seen a CAC striped Opaque with nice straight lines on both sides if thats what your getting at. Another way to ID this marble is to have or have had blended MKs. Some fairly similar in here.

5229436.JPG

Not hammering but trying to understand! You posted in 2011 as to correct me "Just like regular CAC 2 seamers they do not all have the S pattern".

OK, I'll believe that you have ID'ed some 2 seam CAC's not having the "S" trait. So, I recently posted about this trait and modified my 1st hand knowledge by saying "MOST CAC's 2 seamers have an "S' trait. Then, I read your above post here that you have "Never seen a CAC 2 seamer with straightish lines on both sides of the marbles".

Do you see my attempt to contribute?

I will there fore be as clear as possible. I have never seen a 2 seam CAC with out an S shape or wild looping at at least one end of the marble between the ends of the seams. I will not say that there are no CACs in existence that have straight lines on both sides. Just very highly unlikely to find one according to the hundreds (if not thousands ) of the CACs I have examined. I am still as confused as always but I hope you are less confused. Have a great weekend. Its BBQ time