Found In Foundation Of 1745 Home

Squibby17

Hello.

The two smaller ones look like clay or perhaps limestone if they're heavier than clay. Little monetary value for those two. But pretty cool to find them in an old house. If clay, could have been made in Europe or in America. If stone, I think more likely Germany.

The larger marble was made in Germany, possibly in the 1800's. (To the best of my understanding the style was introduced in the mid-to-late 1800's and production may have continued into the 1900's.)

Someone else will probably be along soon to tell you the specific collector's name for it. :)

Hello and welcome. Hard to tell on the smaller ones. Your back ground made the colors wash out. I would still say timeline 1880-1920 for all three. I am basing this on the big handmade. It looks multi stage in construction. Price is hard to do because condition ie. chips, hits, fractures.

the German one is hard to say for sure , could be a solid or divided core looks like a nice twist on top . more pics for value but with just what you showed about $35.00 would be a good start all depends on condition .As far as age I think it is earlier than a Latticinio core and for sure there are books that are close to the years .don't be shy on the pictures show more . Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi , yes , more photos may help . It does look like a Lobed Solid Core marble . $ is based on it's size and condition . Lets assume it's about a 1" or more based on it's relative size comparison next to the other 2 marbles that are probably 5/8" or so on average . It looks like a mint condition and based on books and eBay , would bring in $100. to $200. in an auction format . Wanna sell it ? :)