Blue Based Brick

The white specks are dust and debris because I am lazy and did not clean it off. However if it was polished they managed to put a couple of chips in it before I got a hold of it. :(

The area where I take my pictures has cloth on it and it has to be cleaned off. Some items I set up there had a lot of dust on them and tiny bits of drywall and such.

Guest browse4antiques

When bricks are polished they often take on a feathery surface appearance in which parts of the surface striping will fade away in places. ... Roger

It does not have the feel of a polished marble. Feathering can be an indicator but should not be as considered "conclusive" evidence that a marble was polished.

I got the marble out of jar. Hard to imagine that someone realized the rarity of the marble, polished it and then tossed it into a jar for $10.00.

I own one of Leroy's machines. When you polish a marble in one of them they come out damn close to perfectly round by the time it hits all surfaces. Any remaining damage is often crescent shaped, but even if it is a deep hole, the aluminum oxide is a real bitch to get out. This marble is roughly 3/64" out of round, not around the equator or pole to pole. It does not feel ultra smooth like a polished marble feels.

Anyway the whole point of this thread was to show off a rare/hard to find marble. Ya either like it or you don't.

Hi. I like it.

Okay, he's my 2 cents. I think it was cullet marble, ground down to get this marble freed from the surrounding glass. Picture 1 shows the glass going in 2 directions, and it has that marble (layer) look to it. Plus the airholes that would be present in cullet glass..... Is there a cut line? Like I said I like it, and if you like it, it's all good.

Thanks for sharing!!!!

I think it should be looked at in normal lighting it is harder to do and take the right location and time but is easier to figure out as all pictures are cropped and may be light aduusted in the editing ?? so being Colors came off a little bit in the pictures. hard to tell Mike