Unusual In Handmades, Isn't It ?

Hi

I got this marble lately. It is an alternating latticino but the strange thing is the green glass part between the two white bands. I have never seen an old handmade with colored glass embedded in white glass. The design looks like a banded lutz, but instead of the lutz it is green glass.

What do you think ?

Thanks for your help !

Ron

post-2885-0-52962200-1362309322_thumb.jp

post-2885-0-29558100-1362309331_thumb.jp

Nice alternating colors on the Latt and I see what you mean about the green band although I wouldn't have thought to compare it to a Lutz until you mentioned it. From what I've seen it isn't all that unusual for some bands to have a white edge on this type of marble but it sure looks nice and an indication that a bit more skill went into the construction

Guest browse4antiques

I have a few handmades (all lats) that have transparent bands edged in white like that. I don't know if it is a rare form of striping, but it is very attractive. On the topic of similarity to lutz, here's a precision indian (7/8") that is constructed just like a lutz (as on the left), but with blue instead of lutz. ... Roger

13e.jpg

I have a few handmades (all lats) that have transparent bands edged in white like that. I don't know if it is a rare form of striping, but it is very attractive. On the topic of similarity to lutz, here's a precision indian (7/8") that is constructed just like a lutz (as on the left), but with blue instead of lutz. ... Roger

13e.jpg

Hi Roger

Interesting, thanks for the pics. Could you post a pic of the latticinos you mentioned too ? I am just curious how they look.

Thanks

Ron

Ron,do you mean something like this?

Don't think it's rare cause i've not many Latticino's but a few of them have the colored band edged by white.

DSC03273MediumSmall_zps381002c1.jpg

Hi Winnie

Thanks for he pic. Yes, I have several of those. But I have not a single one or even seen one with transparent glass like the other one is. Probably no difference in making, but this transparent stripe looked strange to me and therefore I wondered if others have similar marbles. But obviously it is more common than I thought (or hoped :P ).

Thanks !

Ron