Guineas

Does anyone know whom would be the foremost person to speak with concerning Guineas in the hobby ?

I have several being shipped to me next week that a family friend wishes me to sell for her. I am Guinea-clueless beyond what someone could google. I would want to know the order of rarity,in-relation to base color, pattern, coloration,size,etc,etc

Thanks ahead of time.

I will put up pics when these arrive. She has sent me a medium flat rate box of Akros,Marble kings and Alleys to start selling for her and it will be here Thursday and I will post images of these as well to give people a "crack" at it.

I know there are 2 Water mellons and several hundred Cac flames and slags as her husband had been collecting Christense marbles for nearly 40 years. I do not want to go the .99 Ebay route on the guineas as the market is terribly soft right now and I would do her little justice in letting a marble that could potentially be a 300.00 marble flop for 200 or a rare version bring a few hundred when it's potential could be in the thousand range.

I am not a consignor, I am doing this as a favor. Granted, I get pick of any Akros I like as was her insistence (I declined several times and realized she was one of those people who would feel like she was doing me wrong by not giving some compensation)and she made sure to send me a few supermans to ensure I have some "gravy", still my motivation is to help someone who is utterly clueless and facing mounting debt.

Not to use the personal problem angle to generate sympathy and increase sales yields, but to place her situation out there as my motivation to help.

Does anyone know whom would be the foremost person to speak with concerning Guineas in the hobby ?

I have several being shipped to me next week that a family friend wishes me to sell for her. I am Guinea-clueless beyond what someone could google. I would want to know the order of rarity,in-relation to base color, pattern, coloration,size,etc,etc

Thanks ahead of time.

I will put up pics when these arrive. She has sent me a medium flat rate box of Akros,Marble kings and Alleys to start selling for her and it will be here Thursday and I will post images of these as well to give people a "crack" at it.

I know there are 2 Water mellons and several hundred Cac flames and slags as her husband had been collecting Christense marbles for nearly 40 years. I do not want to go the .99 Ebay route on the guineas as the market is terribly soft right now and I would do her little justice in letting a marble that could potentially be a 300.00 marble flop for 200 or a rare version bring a few hundred when it's potential could be in the thousand range.

I am not a consignor, I am doing this as a favor. Granted, I get pick of any Akros I like as was her insistence (I declined several times and realized she was one of those people who would feel like she was doing me wrong by not giving some compensation)and she made sure to send me a few supermans to ensure I have some "gravy", still my motivation is to help someone who is utterly clueless and facing mounting debt.

Not to use the personal problem angle to generate sympathy and increase sales yields, but to place her situation out there as my motivation to help.

On that particular marble Galen is right up there with the best of the advanced collectors. You didn't make it real clear. How are you going to sell the marbles. Ronnie

Commonality is Amber, Cobalt(blue), then clear. The larger the spots or crazier the pattern, the more they can be worth. Also very visible internal striping can increase value. Some call them Guinea cobras but I dislike the term. Guineas always seem to draw close to value on Ebay if the pics and description are right on. And remember if there is not a seam or 2 it is a FAKE

Commonality is Amber, Cobalt(blue), then clear. The larger the spots or crazier the pattern, the more they can be worth. Also very visible internal striping can increase value. Some call them Guinea cobras but I dislike the term. Guineas always seem to draw close to value on Ebay if the pics and description are right on. And remember if there is not a seam or 2 it is a FAKE

Someone with knowledge needs to give some input on the Shamrock versions, as I was told the later versions had somewhat of a seam. Ronnie

Ok

Common is amber

Less common is cobalt

Less common Clear

What about green ?

Any other colors ?

Also

Can I get a visual representation of a CRAZY WILD pattern vs a normal...Guineas all look the same to me. All of those dots...my brain just files them as all duplicates :)

Common = clear

less= cobalt

least common = amber

I have yet to see any other transparent base color that I was positive was a real CAC Guinea. There may be a few but they would be over the top rare. I will post some pics when I get home from the office..

Never seen a Shamrock marble that came close to looking like a guenuine CAC Guinea. There are some amazingly close Wilgonoski Guineas but his have give aways also.

Cobalt with average sized spots DSCF2006_0.JPG

Wilgonoski Fake. Notice dark areas in spots IMG_0012.JPG

3 more Fakes IMG_0240.JPG

Neat pattern with stretched on one side spots on other might command a small premium IMG_0316.JPG

Classic remeltclassic_remelt.jpg