History Of Marble Shows?

Steph

The first "Amana" show. Summer of 1977 in Davenport, IA. In the back of Gary Williams' Bail Bondsman's office. The show didn't actually move to Amana until 1978.

The Amana show ran annually from 1977 until June of 2013 (36 consecutive years) when the Huxford's retired and I moved the show to Des Moines.

Technically, this year will mark 38 years in a row that there has been a marble show in Iowa.

The first "organized" show in Kansas City was in March, 1990. It was preceded by "unofficial" gatherings of marble collectors at marble auctions held in the mid to late 80s at hotels in the Kansas City area by an auctioneer from Fort Scott, Kansas. The current Kansas City Marble Collectors Club is hosting it's 12th consecutive show this March.

Marble Crazy at Moon Marble Company, Bonner Springs, Kansas, is celebrating the 15th contemporary marble show and demonstrations in 2015.

How about the Pride of the Prairie show here in Illinois. I think most of this is correct as i can remember. Dating back to the years, which this coming spring will be the 26th show here which puts the starting dates back to 1989 or close to that. At one time back in the late 70s i myself tried to do a little get togather for local collectors at one of the parks here. Attendence was minimual so i kinda dropped out of it and never got anyone else involved till my very good friend Guy Gregg and his neice Denise started the shows back up here in 89. After attending a few of these i asked him if i could assist him with the shows and he was estatic about the help. He done the networking and i done some foot work, getting our great city involved with the shows here bringing in some tax revinue for them. This helped tremendously until Guy passed away on us and i had to decide wheather to continue this show project all on my own. Done some serious thinking and decided to carry the shows here farther on into the future at many request. I asked at each show if everyone wants the two shows a year and at popular demand they do so as far as my health will allow WE WILL continue two shows a year. These time slots for them here is perfect for most who love to come and be with FAMILY and learn and buy quality marbles for thier collections. I will continue till the demand and attendence drops off and go from there. I truly love doing the shows and i can get to see some really close friends at least twice a year. Chuck G--