Hello From Tyneside, Nort-East England.

Geordies Liggies

Hello to all members of Marble Connection. My name is Steve, I am 53 years old, and live near in Washington, Tyne and Wear (the ancestral home of George Washington).

I started collecting marbles as a youngster, purely for their aesthetic appeal. I left off for a couple of decades, then started again about 10 years ago.

My main interest is in German marbles, most of which have been bought on e-bay, although any attractive marble will get my attention.

I have recently purchased a couple of marbles on which I would appreciate your expert opinion. I'll post some pics once I get the hang of uploading to the site.

I was born about 10 miles from Washington, in Newcastle on Tyne. Locals from this area of the country speak with quite a strong accent and use a lot of dialect words. Local words for marbles are liggies, penkas and boodies.

A local song from the Victorian music halls was 'Wor Geordie's lost his liggies', which translates to 'Our George has lost his marbles', which explains my choice of user name.

I seem to have rambled on a bit, so I'll just say that I'm pleased to be a member of Marble Connection and look forward to many interesting exchanges with other members.

Best regards,

Steve

Thanks for the advice Steph.

I managed to upload 4 pics of what I believe to be an antiaue german marble.

Having just read the marble id page (doh!), I realise that I may need to upload different pics with a more neutral background.

Once I create a thread on the marble id section, will I be able to attach the pics from my gallery, or should I just refer other members to check my gallery?

All advice vratefully accepted,

Steve

You can attach pics from your gallery. Go to the My Media button at the top of the reply window. Hopefully you can find your way around from there.

Or I can add them in if you get snagged on that.

We'll get them in one way or another.