Am I learning? Marble King Rainbow?

ManofKent

From that view, I don't see a vintage Marble King Rainbow, or a modern one.

The vintage Marble King Rainbow looks like so -- it's called a Patch & Ribbon pattern. Ignore the first marble here for a moment.  It's a Tri-Color Rainbow.  The typical P&R pattern is Patch on top in Color 1.  Ribbon of Color 2.  Ribbon of Color 1.  Patch on bottom of Color 2.  

marblekings_001.jpg

Modern Rainbows do have two patches, one on either end.  Usually but not always the same color.

So ... back to your marble.  It could possibly still be Marble King with that combo.  Or it could be Vitro.  OR, and this is how I'm leaning at the moment, it could be an Akro Tri-Color Agate.

Thanks Steph - the very distinct 'sharp' stripe made me think Marble King (but bear in mind I'm new to this!). 

There's no third colour so I wasn't thinking a tri-colour, but I'll have a dig around for Akro photos.

Vitro on yours, Shell.  

Richard, did you see that that's a link to a Tri-Color thread at the end of my post?  It doesn't always look like a link to me, the way the board gives a preview and doesn't just underline the link. So how you said "dig around" made it sound like you didn't realize it was a link either. :)   Sorry if I'm being silly.  :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Steph said:

Vitro on yours, Shell.  

Richard, did you see that that's a link to a Tri-Color thread at the end of my post?  It doesn't always look like a link to me, the way the board gives a preview and doesn't just underline the link. So how you said "dig around" made it sound like you didn't realize it was a link either. :)   Sorry if I'm being silly.  :rolleyes:

Thanks Steph - no I didn't spot it was a link :)

I think you're right with Akro Tri-Colour, but it's sneaky of them to count white a color ;)