You should find this challenging...

Adrian

its strange then that such aesthetic measures would be taken as the ribbons that are a shared trait between the specimens.  I wish I had the equipment to image these things effectively as to realistically display to you what visage I behold when I glimpse these things in the many ways that one can.  I'll keep trying to find another example of the same thing.

Anyway, I do have a few other ones is like to hear what you have to say about.  Although, I think these ones will be much easier for me to image and therefore much easier for you to assess.  I'll put them up tonight.

I'm truly very grateful to you guys for your time, patience, and wisdom which you've afforded me.

Thank you.

Have to go along with cheese . . . (and Galen and Steph)

About your saying "strange then that such aesthetic measures would be taken as the ribbons that are a shared trait between the specimens . . . "   You may perceive them as aesthetic measures.  However, they're not aesthetic measures that were taken by the manufacturer to enhance the appearance of the marbles.  They're simply a by-product of their making -- evidence of the properties of molten glass being forced through a funnel and then shears, with no time wasted.

You may find those elements, along with bubbles, debris, and surface textures aesthetically pleasing, and they can be.  I personally have a fondness for bubbles and debris.  But as much as you like the marbles pictured, we can't tell you they're something they're not.  They aren't rare, and they're probably not very old.  They're probably for industrial use.

But welcome in, and look around -- especially in the archived threads or in Steph's Study Hall, and get an idea of the fabulous marbles that are still out there, waiting to be found . . .