Adventures in shredding

Steph

Sooooo ... am I the only one with boxes full of 11-year-old papers which need to be shredded?

I'm overwhelmed at the prospect, yet there are some fun things in there.  

Like some ebay records from when I was just learning about marble ID's and selling without knowing what I had.  

Sold 16 UV-reactive commons for $23. Woohoo!

And then there were these marbles which I've often thought about over the years ... didn't know what they were then and wondered if I would be able to ID them if I ever saw them again.

GuessingAkroNow_900_zpstp7oy3a0.jpg

I'm thinking Akro.  LOL.  I called them "Electric Parrots" because they had four or more colors and ... well ... I liked how "Electric Parrot" sounded ... which I said in the auction description. :P 

My pictures never could do them justice ... the color contrast was ... well ...electric in hand.  Under magnification they had a faint sheen over them which seemed like a metallic haze to me at the time -- but not the iridescent luster of modern marbles.   So, I'll never know, but I'm guessing "later Akro Tri-Color Agate patches" because of the patch shape and the base glass.  5/8"

It was nice to see you guys again!  

LOL! No.
I need an industrial sized shredder, I put off shredding, and put it off, and put it off. I just get aggravated with it because my shredder can only take maybe five pieces at a time. I just want to be able to dump an entire box at once :D:D So, yes, I have piles of mail that need to be shredded before thrown away.

As it relates to marbles, not really, I think I've only sold a few and that was a long time ago. Still regret selling them. They were perfect Pelt "Miller" swirls, one even had oxblood in it. Purchased in a completely blind auction for $5. It would definitely be fun to sort through a kind of "time line" of learning marbles ^_^

I should probably keep better records on my marble purchases, now that you've got me thinking about it. That would be a task!