New Book: Master Glass Company Marbles, by George Sourlis

Steph

Exciting news.  

This book is loaded with full color pics of boxes, full page color contents and many full page color bags. Often both sides of a bag are shown together on a single full page. Of the book's 105  pages, more than half are full page and full color.

This is the only book ever published on Master Glass Company marbles. Many MMCO bags and boxes are also shown for comparison and some ambiguities involving Akro are clarified. This is a price and information guide also.

George is putting this book for sale for the first time at the Nov. 6 Decatur marble show, which he will attend from Thursday Nov. 4 thru Saturday Nov. 6. He will be selling these out of his home thru the end of 2016. Anyone wishing a copy can contact him at his email - [email protected] - to reserve a copy.  Send no payments until he respond to your email requests. Personal checks or money orders are acceptable.

The cost of the book is $34.00 plus $6.00 for postage and handling.

GeorgeSoulis_MasterBook_800_zpsqbz351f1.

I saw a lot the pages of this book at the Spring Decatur show.

George did a presentation on Friday that gave an overview of the book and all sorts of information on the Master Glass Company along with the connection to Master Made and The Akro brand.

I have been waiting for this book to come out.

Thanks for the heads up Steph

I gave it my first reading tonight.

With the emphasis on photos, it's easy to peruse in one sitting, and I look forward to doing it again.   

In addition to the packaging pictures there are historical documents and advertisements.