German Marbles?

Jjay

A couple of these I've shown in other groups. I gave a different view that Steph had asked for. Thanks for id'ing them for me. I will be separating these for a while. Again , trying to separate those that might have some value. Thanks

IMG_2694.JPG

IMG_2688.JPG

Some German.

Some Cat's Eyes.  

Germans:

Row 1, #1
Row 2, #3
All of Row 3.  

Row 1, #1 looks special to me.  

Row 3, #2 may be valuable -- I think it's an Indian.  But I'm not sure of values of Indians -- just know they're at least a little special.

Row 2, #1 is a Vitro Cat's Eye.  How many ribbons does it have?

For Row 1, #3, my best guess is Mexican Cat's Eye.  

Row 1, #2 is a cat's eye -- does it have 4 white vanes?  Are the vanes in this order -- green, white, green, white, yellow, white, yellow, white? If so, I think that's worth a little something.  (And I think with that combo it would be Asian.)

Row 2, #2 is Asian or Mexican ... but either way that's considered a common.  Worth a few cents.  When the color pairs are together -- e.g., green next to green, then white next to white, then yellow next to yellow -- that is common and not valuable.

Gonna move this to the main forum so maybe more people will see it and might comment on the handmades.

Cat Eye still is looking like what I thought -- need you to confirm though from what you see in hand.  But I'm gonna call it a keeper.  (Or something to list separately if you're selling.)

I think the most exciting marble in the bunch is still the white base handmade with the different colored ribbons.  

Hey Steph. Thanks for the input.

row 1#2 is just like you described it. 4 white veins with the alternating pattern you described.

row 2#1 has 6 ribbons.

Thanks Big Indian and Tallnbald76 for your input.