Peltier Mansion 10th Anniversary :)

Steph

I was going to post this in my looooong Jabo thread, but I decided to give it a thread of its own. :)  This month's contender for "cutest thing ever besides kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, pets and little bitty neverbugs".  

A little wooden crate handmade by Mr. Mike Barton to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the Peltier Mansion run at Jabo. 

m3t3bMR.jpg

p0hf2YK.jpg

I think probably lighter.  I don't capture the shade right here, but since it looks like it may be awhile before I reunite these with their brothers, here's a shot of the ones already in the box.  

Including a Monarch, a Folded Rainbow and a Copperhead Nottmiller Exotic. :)  

IF6eyw1.jpg

Jabo is still running as far as I know.  I don't think Peltier is.  (They hadn't made marbles in awhile but they were still  producing other glass.  I think they're gone now.)   Dave McCullough was supervising the contract runs at Jabo 10 years ago but now he has his own operation: Dave's Appalachian Swirls.  

Here's how Mike described the Peltier Mansion story over on facebook. 

"Ten years ago, some of my glass freak friends and I went to Jabo Glass Company in Reno, Ohio, to make marbles. Boyce Lundstrom was one of the owners of Peltier Glass Company and the Peltier mansion next to the factory. James Armstrong was the former manager of Peltier, and his family owned the factory before Boyce. John Triggs was the owner of Youghiogheny Glass Company. I had been a stained glass artist for 35 years. We all hung out at the mansion, so we called ourselves the Peltier Mansion Group for this endeavor. John made most of the glass for our marble run to Boyce's specifications. I was in charge of adding all the side colors to the three crucibles above the furnace throughout our two day run. James brought a good attitude, enthusiasm, and plenty of beer. Over the last few weeks, I made some little boxes to commemorate the tenth anniversary of our experience."