New Akro Agate marbles video

stephenb

The hailing from Akron got me.  They were only in Akron until 1914.  Then moved to Clarksburg, WV.  That's where they started making marbles. 

I enjoyed it overall.  I disagreed with some of your dates, but I know that at least one prominent collector disputes me on Akro dates. 

At 10:45,  you feature a Peltier in the Silver Oxblood section.

There were some places where I thought, "uh oh, someone would quibble over those names," but quibbling over Akro is like an Olympic sport for mibologists.  Can't be avoided.  Even if you were MarbleAlan himself you could expect someone to quibble with you about Akro history and names. :)  He was a good sport about that!

I liked the Moss Agate comparison at the end.  Oh, and the oxblood close-ups could be very helpful.  I'm going to need to remember this when someone is struggling with recognizing oxblood.  

Thank you Steph ! Yes I just used Akron as a starting point. I’m sure there are many minor things people could pick at though out the video. I appreciate your comments ! . This one ? Is an experimental Silver Akro from what I have gathered 

92A680AD-50DA-4517-A73D-2FC60AC5EA4F.jpeg