Did I just find something special???

crowncarrier

I have be going through everything and selling off a lot of my collection to concentrate on one type of marble and I came across this in the bottom of a jar. there seems to be a nice gold/brown band going through it. It has been difficult to photograph but here are the pictures I was able to get.

DSC_2118.JPG

DSC_2121.JPG

DSC_2162.JPG

DSC_2163.JPG

DSC_2164.JPG

DSC_2165.JPG

DSC_2166.JPG

10 hours ago, Al Oregon said:

Generally called a metallic.  There are collectors that collect this type of marble.  This one might be by Champion - they seem to have accidentally made the most - a wrench or beer can or... falls into the glass furnace and melts.

Are these rare or tough to find?

I would not call them rare but outside of a few "special" runs like the Jabo Lawnchair types, there are not a huge number of metallics out there but still they are not really valuable.  Nice ones with the underlying marble also being nice can be $5 on up.  Obviously a Peltier Peerless Patch with metallic would be worth more than one like you showed.  Again, as with all marbles, condition is paramount.

4 hours ago, Al Oregon said:

I would not call them rare but outside of a few "special" runs like the Jabo Lawnchair types, there are not a huge number of metallics out there but still they are not really valuable.  Nice ones with the underlying marble also being nice can be $5 on up.  Obviously a Peltier Peerless Patch with metallic would be worth more than one like you showed.  Again, as with all marbles, condition is paramount.

So basically it's just a good story in that while it was being manufactured some steel found it's way into the marble. That's cool to pass on as someone has purchased a bunch of my marbles and I will just toss this one in along with the story.

Talk about deja vu, i just posted about giving away a bunch metallic rainbow's because they used to be somewhat common. As I said in the other post, I don't throw away anything mint anymore ( except foreign cat eye's ) marble's that where everyday in any thrift or antique store are now like unicorn's. Replaced w/ jar's of fish tank or crackle marble's.Hang in there Scott, I might complain a bit but I keep diggin, the joy after all is in the chase !! Why there i go now  :Panic: