Hello..... got some more for you

boris64

Marble pictures = Close up, fill the frame. Strong light. Flat smooth plain background.  Camera, or phone, helps much to have Macro setting for close ups. Even some cheap simple camera do well. Myself and several I know use a Sony DSC T-200 or T-900. The T-200 has a Macro setting and a Super Macro setting with a Carl Zeiss lens.. It will fit in my shirt pocket. I dropped it in mud, sand and 3 feet of Ohio river water. I let it dry for days, worked most of the sand out and it worked fine for many more years. I have four of them now. They are no longer produced.  You can get them on ebay from $25.00 to $100.00 . Some are like new and include original box and all the accessories. Extra batteries and chargers are cheap.  I have bought three high dollar cameras and none did any better or as good or as easy to use as the Sony T-200. Many times it is not the camera but knowing how to use it best for marble pictures. Just look at the marble pictures you like and then why do you like them better than your own ?  No magic camera for marbles, it is a combination of things. I like simple and fast. I do not use any special light box. Just strong overhead daylight leds and sometimes my small strong 500-750 lumens hand held marble light. I do use a lot of triple A batteries. With several of your pictures the camera or phone is focusing more on the background than it is the marble.  I can see the material threads or your fingerprint in more detail than the marble. You have to try different things and decide what works best for you.