fired clay glazed multi- color

nick1425420

"Hi, I have come into some awesome dense fired clay glazed multi- color and hand painted that I think they where made in the 1800s very rare  3/4 + I have some of them listed on ebay, I listed them for 50.00 each and made 4 sales so far, Maybe I am selling to low priced do you know any marble collectors that would be will to pay more. It think some marble collectors would want them, you can go look on my ebay sight, my screen name is nick1425420, or just look up stoneware glazed clay marbles you cant miss them, if you would like you to see them I would like to see what you think, you can email me of ebay, TY

2 hours ago, nick1425420 said:

"Hi, I have come into some awesome dense fired clay glazed multi- color and hand painted that I think they where made in the 1800s very rare  3/4 + I have some of them listed on ebay, I listed them for 50.00 each and made 4 sales so far, Maybe I am selling to low priced do you know any marble collectors that would be will to pay more. It think some marble collectors would want them, you can go look on my ebay sight, my screen name is nick1425420, or just look up stoneware glazed clay marbles you cant miss them, if you would like you to see them I would like to see what you think, you can email me of ebay, TY

The ones you currently have listed as glazed stoneware are relatively new.  Made within the last 30 years.   Common mistake.   

Some of them are industrial ball mill balls which have been decorated with magic marker style pen.  

Others appear to have an enamel finish -- I'm not sure how those are made but I know they only started appearing relatively recently.  About ten years ago if I recall correctly. 

Yup, they're fake. I could kinda tell from the description, but then Steph's assessment clinched it. Just to make sure I looked on e-bay. To be fair Nick is not the only one selling them, but he is the only one getting 50 bucks apiece for them. These things just won't go away. I have seen them in antique shops for 15-20 bucks each, but they seem to have arrived on the secondary market for even more money. A friend of mine has a few, even when I pointed out that felt pens did not exist in that time frame he's still not totally convinced. Thankfully he only paid a couple of bucks each for his at a yard sale, of all places. Thanks

Bruce