Birdcage 12 vane 3 color

Mojo

I would say this one is Asian. When ever I hear you call one of these a birdcage, I think of these:

birdcage1.JPG

This is what most collectors would recognize as a "birdcage". They are quite rare. They were made in China. I have seen them in paperweights or aquarium ornaments and, perhaps, marbles.

39 minutes ago, Ric said:

I would say this one is Asian. When ever I hear you call one of these a birdcage, I think of these:

birdcage1.JPG

This is what most collectors would recognize as a "birdcage". They are quite rare. They were made in China. I have seen them in paperweights or aquarium ornaments and, perhaps, marbles.

Oke....i thought there was such thing as a catseye birdcage , saw it on you tube , indentification of catseye marbles

1 hour ago, Mojomarblelicious said:

Oke....i thought there was such thing as a catseye birdcage . . .

I don't follow the trends in Cat's eyes very closely, so I would not be too surprised if that is what the kids are calling them today.

🙂

2 hours ago, Ric said:

I don't follow the trends in Cat's eyes very closely, so I would not be too surprised if that is what the kids are calling them today.

🙂

My mistake to call it birdcage , he talks about how it looks like a victorian bird cage , and the picture just call it caged catseye 

Screenshot_20210520-174400_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20210520-174426_YouTube.jpg

1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

I'm getting Elizabeth Kempski's new book on  Cat Eye's, it should be here Thursday, I'm sure it will be a real eye opener for me as well Ric.

and well worth money spent. very detailed and descriptive ......... bill