Akro Lemonade?? .99 I just get more confused

•~Emily~•

Me again, with my vast knowledge about virtually nothing when it comes to marbles. Is learning about them a one step forward two steps back kind of process? I sure feel that way. I read all of this info and see all these pics and it feels like it just seeps out my ears. Somewhere I read about those whispy little lashes in the last pic but now can’t remember what it was in regards to. And lastly…is a bubble in a marble a good or a bad thing? Or is that a complex question?

419B95EB-685E-46B9-BC9D-415596C02C1E.thumb.jpeg.64635b80829a3e6036a99a7fdf9beb0a.jpeg28FDC999-A12C-4CE0-84EF-4B666BA4F74D.thumb.jpeg.22f454e2003e984b32d3518a5f3dbdec.jpegC2A8FA36-D989-43AB-9A21-94900C0B3B7F.thumb.jpeg.d8dac6c3e2e40799e411943c00ee7215.jpeg38B05DE6-89D7-4EB9-A81C-6192FA1D49EA.thumb.jpeg.7cc90f08bb239ffffcc7c9dcbee97a96.jpeg

Not a Lemonade.   This one would be a Blue Eggyolk.    A nice marble.

It is the same family as the Lemonade.  Back  when Akro made them, Akro called them both Moss Agates.  

But collectors have different names. :)   The base glass of the Lemonade will fluoresce brightly under blacklight.   I don't imagine that the base of your Blue Eggyolk does. 

Some people think the eyelashes mean the marble was made in the early 1920's.  But it wasn't.   Eyelashes are just pretty.  Maybe caused by dull shears. 

Bubble? I'm sure that depends.   I don't see the bubble that you're looking at.

I think that's a hit, not a bubble.  

The new marble is _some_ kind of Ade, I'm pretty sure, but not Lemon.     

Tomato Ade or Cherry Ade?  

I have not perfected those names.  

(It's also in the Moss Agate family, so you're in the ballpark.)  

The Lemonade is yellow where your marble is red/orange.

A Lemonade photo from ebay:

image.png

Thanks again! I woulda bet that was a bubble because it had no surface exposure but just got out my loupe and sure enough, looks like a hit :(. One of my better ones I thought so kinda sad.
It’s fun to have so much to learn but I can see it’s a long way up the hill yet. Ya’ll are so kind to pass on all your knowledge. 
hope you enjoy seeing new marbles. I’ll try to find some more I think might be worth an ID.

• Care 1

18 minutes ago, Steph said:

The new marble is _some_ kind of Ade, I'm pretty sure, but not Lemon.     

Tomato Ade or Cherry Ade?  

I have not perfected those names.  

Ha!  I'm so bad at the names of the less common Ades that I forgot one other possibility.  It might turn out to be an Orange Ade. 

Orange, Cherry, Tomato ... I can NOT keep those straight.