Which would you pick?

Newton

This bowl of marbles is at a store I visit. I took this photo when they first opened. I asked about looking at this bowl again on my last visit and they said. “There are radioactive marbles in it and we can’t sell them right now.”. I just sort of…. “okay”.  

They don’t know how to or what they want to price them anyway.   There are a few older marbles in the bowl that depending on what they decide on the price I might consider getting.   Which, if any, would you pick? I would pick the clear one with yellow swirly at just above center of the bowl. 

8C555FDA-36D3-4B08-8499-4349B0F5ABB5.jpeg

There are no radioactive marbles in the bowl. Have they ever sold vaseline or green colored depression era glass that glows ?  If a antiques store, of course they have.  

I would not pay the shipping cost for the whole bowl. But I have collected over 25 years.  But also there are very few $1.00 marbles in the bowl.  Old does not make them valuable.  That is probably the biggest mistake everyone buying marbles makes. People buy marbles because they are civil war marbles. That does not make any value with a marble. Those are old they have to be valuable, WRONG. When they find out they are not valuable or damaged bad and no value, they get upset at the person informing them of the truth.   

16 hours ago, Alan said:

Its ballast.

ETA:  You realize that the "There are radioactive marbles in it and we can’t sell them right now.” is just sales BS - right?

Yeah. The place has a lot of inventory, few staff and they don’t really have the time or inclination to price any marbles. Even if they did they wouldn’t really know what they have at this point. I think they are waiting on some “marble guy” to come help them out.  I try and be nice to them because I might come across a really good deal in there by mistake. The only marble they have with a specific price is the one pictured. It’s marked at 2.5” but it’s actually just over 2. $400

DEA62AAC-0F91-47A6-9E37-B3229E22A439.jpeg

81AD8238-3446-4C76-B522-890494474D12.jpeg

88299793-9058-4EF4-A281-CEC4B39381C7.jpeg