Marble king?

Melissa

On 3/3/2023 at 7:11 AM, Melissa said:

The green one has av. 

3E6C1CF2-5505-4D51-851B-570E16AD4278.jpeg

70675E26-68B9-4C8E-BA2F-9C2B8C1ED84D.jpeg

They appear to be all MK.

That yellow and white, I cannot remember if I have seen one. Seemingly, it's one where you'd expect to be part of all their somewhat ordinary, run of the mill flavors. There's the Peacock that's yellow ribbons and a patch of green too blue and red too pink in it on white. Bumble Bees, Boy or Girl scouts. Yellow with 3 colors of patch and ribbons. White with yellow and 2 more colors, Hybrid variations with yellow. I mean, yellow is no stranger to Marble King Patch and ribbon styles.

Yet, the most unassuming variation, just Yellow and white, in all the years I've seen, dug-ups, Bags, old displays, offerings and collectors or collections. Of all the most desirable from the highest such as a patch and ribbon Watermelon with Oxblood, Others, Hercules and more. Granted I have not searched for this in over 10 years, yet from what I have seen and hunted for; the most elusive patch and ribbons Marble King I know of, nowhere near ordinary as one may think, is a simple white and yellow patch and ribbon MK.

I mean, it just might be of the rarest, while maybe (Who knows?) not the most valued, Patch and ribbon one could find. I'd set this one aside and reframe from getting lost in the piles as you may never see another, unless MK's President, Berry Fox made some that otherwise, one would presume ordinary..

It appears to be the same time when the blue and white, next to it, was made. That would be 1960's. The two above are late 60's too  mid-late1970's Two patch.

Not completely certin as it's been over 20 years, but may have seen just one yellow and white P & R dug up within the Paden City dump site, of thousands she found, by Jill Spencer. (Jillian)

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1