Vacor has taken over!!!

Vacor (mega) made in Mexico. Largest marble producer in the world until China got into the act. Some of the older Vacor are coming into their own though, always collect what you like, you're the only you you have to make happy   :)  & yes Vacor is still making marbles.

Hi I agree with Melissa 👍the old school collectors might still not have any interest in them , but we got to remember the older then old school collectors had no interest in WVS back in the day ,everyone wanted German Hand mades and now lots of people are collecting them .Vacor’s are just like Marbles king the older vintage ones are better glass and nicer marbles then the present day ones that they keep making ,I have some killer older Vacor’s some with AV some with oxblood 

10 hours ago, Gr8Natured said:

Hi marble friends. Now that I have come into a bunch 9f unwanted vacors, it's kind of funny the the next 5 or so marbles are vacors also. When were these marbles made? Are they still be8ng made ( flooding) marbleland. 

The company started in 1930, with clays.   Then they made "canicas de cristal", which I presume to be clearies.  Then in 1944 they made "Trébols”, which would be cat's eyes, and that may have been before Japan started making cat's eyes.  (Someone may correct me with more up-to-date information.)

The Vacor swirls may have started being made as early as the 1980's, but definitely  were in production in the 1990s and still are to the present.   The Galaxy/Planet style is from the 1980's and still made later. 

They made some stunning marbles in the 1960s.  Here is an example posted on Facebook by Ricardo Mendoza.   Style name: Mosaico

1960s_Mosaico_Ricardo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Award 1