Rainbow Hematite

I got this at the Gem and Mineral Show in Tucson. It’s pulverized and here’s why. The last vein of it was in New Jersey and they built a bridge on top of it. Done ! Encased by concrete. So a piece of this the size of a Mini Toostie Roll was NUTZ. I don’t need to pad the numbers here. When you hold a piece of Rainbow Hematite that size and then Whhhhhaaaat ? $1200….? Here’s the kicker. She offered me a test tube of the pulverized stuff for $100 and I took it. I told her about AV and asked if this can be added to contemporary marbles. Nope….it can’t with stand the heat. It’s used in resin pendants and other types of jewelry and what not. I put it in a salt shaker and suspended in layers of gel in one of my paintings. On top of black paint it looks like AV. Here’s where I’m going with this. I’m sending a batch of this to Kimber and see if she can add it to the resin she’s working with. Hold your hamsters and horses here. I was thinking fun on a Clearie. NOT Vintage Marbles with solid ID’s. 🔥

RAR

1BB03B31-A70A-4881-8F95-C90E9BBDA281.jpeg

CAADF88D-74F6-44F1-B8EF-DB4BDC9BA2D5.jpeg

• Like 1