Help with marble ID

Tartaru0701

Hello All,

I'm new to marbleconnection and a wise older Rookie at marble collecting and for sure Identifying.

I'm hoping to get help identifying a very nice marble I picked up in San Diego a few months ago. I searched many websites and believe this community ( marbleconnection ) of

marble Guru's will help. Hoping to learn and be enlightened. 

Thank you

tartaru0701

1 (3).JPG

2 (2).JPG

3 (2).JPG

4 (2).JPG

5 (2).JPG

6 (2).JPG

• Like 1

Not the expert here, but the colors & construction look to me like Vitro.  The base looks opaque and colors don't look veneered over clear and are pretty intense with a bit of swirl, so even without 4 colors maybe it is a small Parrot (Parakeet)?  If veneered it would fall under Tiger Eye I believe.

I agree with Vitro, and unless the colors (including white) are veneered on clear it would be a Parakeet (basically, a 3-color Parrot). If it's 5/8" some might call it a Baby Parakeet. If the colors are veneered on clear it would be a Type I Tiger Eye with an atypical structure.

Thanks for the information, I should have described the marble better.

It's 7/8" 

Cream base translucent with yellow, orange and blue. I don't see any white as part of the base color.

Shinning a flashlight causes the marble to light up and a lot more detail is visible through the orange color and sections of the blue, the dark contour line that looks

black is the combination of the blue and orange mix.

At first it appeared the blue was painted onto the surface but closer inspection shows it's integrated into the construction. The cut line is vey fine and smooth. 

I'm wondering if there's a very thin layer of clear glass around the marble because it's very smooth all around and there are some tiny barely visible pin pricks that are

also smooth as part of the marble.

thank you.

On 6/14/2023 at 10:11 AM, Ric said:

I agree with Vitro, and unless the colors (including white) are veneered on clear it would be a Parakeet (basically, a 3-color Parrot). If it's 5/8" some might call it a Baby Parakeet. If the colors are veneered on clear it would be a Type I Tiger Eye with an atypical structure.

I was gonna say it looks like a parrot. I agree with you 💯