Hello.... got a bunch of there alley they mostly have same pattern. What are they called? Flames? Tree branch?

boris64

54 minutes ago, boris64 said:

Thanks... just bought part of this guy’s collection..... got aloft of good ones...still sorting them out...should bought them all!

4E834F3A-ECFE-463B-94A1-FFB07049EBC7.jpeg

So fun!!!!!! Looks like you're having a blast sorting that's where I'm at sorting/grouping cataloging ( also trying to figure out how to display them all lol) 

IMG_20230803_100546.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, boris64 said:

Thanks in advance 

A629EF0B-33E0-4A9F-824F-7D3B186354E6.jpeg

I will also say I've been spending A LOT of my time recently in "Steph's Study Hall" it's helping immensely and may help you too... The amount of photos and information there is sort of invaluable. If you're like me the goal is to be able to identify on my own one day :)

anywho have a blessed day 

• Like 1

Yes …..sorting….. that’s the fun part…..I start by looking for the real good ones peltsnl akro Popeyes or better,cac, Germans hm…. Than take out clearies,opaque,cat eyes, white single color swirls, than Rainbos marble kings than patches than colored base swirls multi color swirls that’s the start……..than you can go which ever wat you want…. You may want to sort you cat eyes . Try to identify maker . the swirl are always the hardest than patches…..etc ….. but a must is to have fun relaxing time stress free time with your hobbie… people may look at you wierd (like my wife) or geek you but who cares. I have huge boxes full of marble I’m saving for when I retire. I have put some high quality marbles in little bage than into a box than in storage. The key is to forget what you have than you can relive the excitement of finding them all over again>>>>>

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boris64 said:

Yes …..sorting….. that’s the fun part…..I start by looking for the real good ones peltsnl akro Popeyes or better,cac, Germans hm…. Than take out clearies,opaque,cat eyes, white single color swirls, than Rainbos marble kings than patches than colored base swirls multi color swirls that’s the start……..than you can go which ever wat you want…. You may want to sort you cat eyes . Try to identify maker . the swirl are always the hardest than patches…..etc ….. but a must is to have fun relaxing time stress free time with your hobbie… people may look at you wierd (like my wife) or geek you but who cares. I have huge boxes full of marble I’m saving for when I retire. I have put some high quality marbles in little bage than into a box than in storage. The key is to forget what you have than you can relive the excitement of finding them all over again>>>>>

Great idea!!! 

I do not have enough to do most of that but I am so enjoying looking at them all :) finding more has become a smidge difficult. I hope to trade or purchase locally... I live in a very old area and they see. To be prevalent it's just a matter of finding them (which is sort of half the fun) the only newer sort of ones I do adore or the das/jabo ...  Love the idea of storing some away... Maybe I'll do that with some of the auctions I attend. For winter times... (And my husband definitely thinks I'm weird lol) I spend hours reading our old threads, looking at my marbles lol it's my relax time in the evening after I put the kiddos to bed... I also really enjoy this group and trying to get to know everyone... :) Best wishes A.R.