Watermelon colors

AvvaRae

Imperial is not a manufacturer.  Imperial Toy Company, previously out of the L.A. area, is a packager of marbles.  Back in the late 70's & early 80's, they packaged Vacor marbles.  Then, they found cheaper marbles in Asia, like the ones you posted, and started buying them.  As we don't know manufacturers names from Asia, the collecting community starting calling these marbles, generically, Imperial.  Here are a few bags/package pics.

Imperial 4 Designer Marble Shooters (4) (China & Mex) - Side 1 - Al - I1.JPG

Imperial 25 Champion Bag (25) 03 (Striped Opaques) - Side 1 - Al - G12.JPG

Imperial 25 Jumbo Marbles Bag (odd cage style) - Side 1 - Al - I3.JPG

Imperial 50 Marbles Net Bag (50) (var) - Side 2 - Al - G13.JPG

Imperial Crown Jewel Bag (39+1) (like Turtles) - Side 2 - Al - I2.JPG

• Award 1

16 minutes ago, Al Oregon said:

Imperial is not a manufacturer.  Imperial Toy Company, previously out of the L.A. area, is a packager of marbles.  Back in the late 70's & early 80's, they packaged Vacor marbles.  Then, they found cheaper marbles in Asia, like the ones you posted, and started buying them.  As we don't know manufacturers names from Asia, the collecting community starting calling these marbles, generically, Imperial.  Here are a few bags/package pics.

Imperial 4 Designer Marble Shooters (4) (China & Mex) - Side 1 - Al - I1.JPG

Imperial 25 Champion Bag (25) 03 (Striped Opaques) - Side 1 - Al - G12.JPG

Imperial 25 Jumbo Marbles Bag (odd cage style) - Side 1 - Al - I3.JPG

Imperial 50 Marbles Net Bag (50) (var) - Side 2 - Al - G13.JPG

Imperial Crown Jewel Bag (39+1) (like Turtles) - Side 2 - Al - I2.JPG

Ohhhhh okay. That makes a lot of sense .. I've never seen these before :) ...

Well I definitely love the green and pink... more digging reading and learning hahaha .. it's a never ending fountain ... 

Thank you for explaining the company 🙂 I have books coming from Amazon (for like the last month I've been waiting) the identification ones so I'm hoping that helps me ... would imperial be in those types of books or is that sort of outside learning since it's another country?