A proposal.

StevenJustSteven

I was hoping to find someone on here that would be interested in partnering with me as I try to sell my collection. I'm having a hard time selling because Im not comfortable selling what Im not an expert on. I will do all the heavy lifting. I'll take exceptional photos, post the marble(s) online for sale. I'll package and ship. I just need a partner that can share their expertise with me for a percentage (negotiable). I will submit photos to you for you for which you will ID them if you can. Photos that I will send to you will be of a single marble up to the most of 6 at a time. Majority that I send you will be single photos. Along with the ID, I will need a park park price for what you think they could sell for I operate with full disclosure. Whoever partners with me will know exactly where marble(s) gets posted. I'm motivated to make this work and im wiling to do whatever provided that it's profitable for both you and I. I am a person of integrity. I just need some finances and I need them sooner than what I can make at an hourly rate working a job. Thought I work a job too. Please, let me know if any of you are interested and let's put a plan together that we both can be happy with and make some extra money while getting these marbles sold and back into the community. I just can't do it on my own in the time that I need them sold. Included in this post is a portion of some of the marbles I am selling. This is but a fraction of what I have. 

1 Swirls.jpg

1a Swirls.jpg

1stPG(2).jpg

2 Swirls.jpg

3 Swirls.jpg

Akro 001.jpg

Marble King 001.jpg

Patches 001.jpg

Pelt premium 0002.jpg

Pelt premium 0001.jpg

Pelt premium 0000.jpg

• Wow 1

20 hours ago, StevenJustSteven said:

I was hoping to find someone on here that would be interested in partnering

I am just saying that this may be out of order and a way to circumvent the rules here.
If I were you, and any one else that is considering this, whoever you may be—regard the rules of 
TheMarbleConnection  and be wary of them.
The rules apply to all regardless of the circumstances.
This just seems like a bad way to try to go beyond our seller rules.
I am not real happy to see it.
This is just my humble opinion and it is designed to protect all of us, just as the rules state.
Just be safe!
Marble—On!!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jimbo.59 said:

I apologize I was just trying to maybe take an opportunity to pick up some marbles... I wasn't trying to break or circumvent any rules. Just saw an opportunity and was interested is all

Art has a great point.  We have the 100 post threshold before new members can post in our Buy-Sell-Trade forum to let people establish themselves before getting into trades on the site.  But we allow people to post their ebay auctions in the main chat forum without worrying about post count, so there is gray area.   Of course ebay has its own buyer protections. 

My main problem with the proposal is how to set a market value for an unexamined collection of unknown condition.   If you guys want to chat about getting together there's no offense.  Just take the usual care in dealing with people you don't know yet. 

• Like 1
  • Award 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2023 at 3:31 PM, akroorka said:

I am just saying that this may be out of order and a way to circumvent the rules here.
If I were you, and any one else that is considering this, whoever you may be—regard the rules of 
TheMarbleConnection  and be wary of them.
The rules apply to all regardless of the circumstances.
This just seems like a bad way to try to go beyond our seller rules.
I am not real happy to see it.
This is just my humble opinion and it is designed to protect all of us, just as the rules state.
Just be safe!
Marble—On!!

I am certain sorry. How can I take the post down. I certainly wasn’t trying to go around any rules. I understand that in order to do any selling that I needed to participate in the community. Which I whole heartily agree with. I was in no way trying to sell on here. I’m was only looking for assistance. Which I felt I did a good job of explaining that part. But in the other hand I can understand how this looks. Especially being I was just in a conversation were the information about how one can come to sell on here. I can assure you it was not my intention to sell on here. Especially since the option to do so is locked until I met the criteria. My intention for the post was a specific one which was, I was hoping to find someone to partner with. It was never to try and bend around any rules. Though that is nearly exactly what happened and I never thought anything about it until about an hour ago when I returned to this forum. Nothing as come about from this and now knowing that I quite possible broke a rule I assure you that nothing will come from this. I’m good with the rules and had zero intention of trying to bend them or break them. Thus far I have sent only a single email to Jimbo to which he never replied. I now understand why he hasn’t, and I’m glad he didn’t. Sincerely I wasn’t trying to construed or deceive or manipulate. I apologies that my actions may show other wise but in the end it was a mistake not made intentionally. If I need to be removed, so be it, I understand. Gotta keep the community safe. I would just really hate to be consider someone that others need protection from. 

10 hours ago, StevenJustSteven said:

Gotta keep the community safe.

This is my intention as well.
No sweat--let’s get it on with some more of what you have to share and put this behind all of us.
Marble--On!!