Peltier MCS marbles sales on feebay…

So explain the shill bidder thing for me when it comes to ebay? I understand the concept in general to auctions but if said shill bidder wins then they are paying themselves/friend for the marble but then still have to pay ebay their 15% cut and tax. So in the attempt to bump the auction value they can get stuck with winning their own marble paying ebay in the process. Sounds risky 

5 minutes ago, supramisfit said:

So explain the shill bidder thing for me when it comes to ebay? I understand the concept in general to auctions but if said shill bidder wins then they are paying themselves/friend for the marble but then still have to pay ebay their 15% cut and tax. So in the attempt to bump the auction value they can get stuck with winning their own marble paying ebay in the process. Sounds risky 

Yes it does, unless the sale never happens.

most high $ sales are BIN, so you don’t know who(eBay score) bought it.

seems to be scammers.

I'm putting out 10 nice MCS at $20 each in our local antique store tomorrow. We’ll see how it goes.

6 minutes ago, supramisfit said:

I’ve also seen this with Blenko items. The same piece shows up 2 or 3 times in the sold search.

2 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

Yes it does, unless the sale never happens.

most high $ sales are BIN, so you don’t know who(eBay score) bought it.

seems to be scammers.

I'm putting out 10 nice MCS at $20 each in our local antique store tomorrow. We’ll see how it goes.

I don't understand how the "buy it now" changes what I described. In ebay's eyes whether it's auction format or "buy it now" someone purchased the item and is paying ebay their 15% cut