Hello! Needed some help

Was hoping for some help with these few marbles I have had in storage. I’m a general dealer and picked these up over the years. I planned on selling them but proper names and terms of marbles are a foreign language to me. If anyone can help me it will be so appreciated. 

There are two of these glass types which are just shy of 1” inch wide.

One with something inside in the center but have plenty of dings and chips. Measures about 1 1/2” wide

One white marble with a few dimples here and there, about 1” wide.

and finally one deep cranberry red, yellow and white. About 1 1/4” inch wide. One of the photos I uploaded was taken in direct sunlight.

IMG_2343.jpeg

IMG_2344.jpeg

IMG_2329.jpeg

IMG_2328.jpeg

IMG_2387.jpeg

IMG_2384.jpeg

IMG_2374.jpeg

IMG_2372.jpeg

IMG_2370.jpeg

IMG_2365.jpeg

IMG_2360.jpeg

IMG_2358.jpeg

IMG_2353.jpeg

• Like 1

"Welcome to Marble Connection"   :wave2:

The first 4 pictures are contemporary handmades. The next 3 pictures appear to be an old German handmade Sulphide, place it in a glass of water if you want to see the figure more clearly. The next 2 are what appears to be a gaming marble & last but not least a Vacor Cardinal.

Again

"Welcome"

• Like 1
  • Award 2

Alot of contemporaries mimic old Germans in style. Usually there will be some initials or a name and date @ one pontil end so you know the maker. These both appear to be cane made rather than being made with a torch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

Alot of contemporaries mimic old Germans in style. Usually there will be some initials or a name and date @ one pontil end so you know the maker. These both appear to be cane made rather than being made with a torch.

Chad, will pull out the 10x lens and take a look. Thank you. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2024 at 10:35 PM, Fire1981 said:

I consider the Sulphide to be major score. Let us know the the figurine is🔥

RAR

Looks like a Beaver.  I put the marble in a glass of water as recommended and I think it's a Beaver.  

Will post the sales results just after they sell. Am writing the descriptions now and hope to get them up tonight. 

Appreciate the help! 

• 3 weeks later...