Question about CAC’s

So I recently became an owner of around 100 CAC’s all at once. I am noticing that many of them have what I would call “as made” or “manufacturer marks”. Please see attached photo for illustration. What I am wondering is, is this pretty common? I know several of my previously owned CAC’s had some of these marks as well. It just seems like over 50 percent of this lot has these marks. I plan to sell many of them but I wanted to make darn sure I’m not selling something that has been polished or is modern or anything else that could be going on with them that I am still unaware of. Just wanted to double check myself before making a terrible mistake and causing others distress. 

IMG_1650.jpeg

IMG_1621.jpeg

IMG_1612.jpeg

IMG_1608.jpeg

IMG_1607.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, StevenJustSteven said:

Just wanted to double check myself before making a terrible mistake and causing others distress. 

This one is a CAC imho.

Of course, I appreciate all opinions and hope to see some more.

This one is as found with no polishing evident imho.

The thing is--given the history, a lot of these killer CAC were found in a river (buckets full) and many were in mint condition as found.

If you have 100 of these--post some more and I am glad to see what you have and give an estimation of the maker.

Nice marble!

Marble--On!!

• Award 1

51 minutes ago, akroorka said:

The thing is--given the history, a lot of these killer CAC were found in a river (buckets full) and many were in mint condition as found.

That's cool info . Thanks 👍🏼 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StevenJustSteven said:

So I recently became an owner of around 100 CAC’s all at once. I am noticing that many of them have what I would call “as made” or “manufacturer marks”. Please see attached photo for illustration. What I am wondering is, is this pretty common? I know several of my previously owned CAC’s had some of these marks as well. It just seems like over 50 percent of this lot has these marks. I plan to sell many of them but I wanted to make darn sure I’m not selling something that has been polished or is modern or anything else that could be going on with them that I am still unaware of. Just wanted to double check myself before making a terrible mistake and causing others distress. 

IMG_1650.jpeg

IMG_1621.jpeg

IMG_1612.jpeg

IMG_1608.jpeg

IMG_1607.jpeg

1) CAC 100%. Checks all my boxes for color, striations, pattern (flame) and surface.

2) Honest surface. No signs of polishing.

3) The “grooves” you are seeing is where the hot glass stream is surface cooling before it can meld to the previous glass gob.  Imagine taking a wet spaghetti noodle and dropping it in your hand. 100% natural.

4) Love that salmon color with the dark olive!!

Congrats!! -John

40 minutes ago, Shamrock Marbles said:

1) CAC 100%. Checks all my boxes for color, striations, pattern (flame) and surface.

2) Honest surface. No signs of polishing.

3) The “grooves” you are seeing is where the hot glass stream is surface cooling before it can meld to the previous glass gob.  Imagine taking a wet spaghetti noodle and dropping it in your hand. 100% natural.

4) Love that salmon color with the dark olive!!

Congrats!! -John

1 hour ago, akroorka said:

This one is a CAC imho.

Of course, I appreciate all opinions and hope to see some more.

This one is as found with no polishing evident imho.

If you have 100 of these--post some more and I am glad to see what you have and give an estimation of the maker.

Nice marble!

Marble--On!!

I’m sorry. I was unclear with my post. I was wanting to know if as made marks, like the ones I post examples of are common to find on a CAC.

the lot im talking about were nothing but CAC’s. So knowing the maker is already done. 

IMG_0744.jpeg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, StevenJustSteven said:

I’m sorry. I was unclear with my post. I was wanting to know if as made marks, like the ones I post examples of are common to find on a CAC.

the lot im talking about were nothing but CAC’s. So knowing the maker is already done. 

IMG_0744.jpeg

No problem. So, I’m perfectly clear, can you articulate  your definition of “as made marks”? Can you circle ️ an “as made mark” on some photos to help us reply with an appropriate answer.

Again, congrats!  That is a lovely selection.

18 hours ago, StevenJustSteven said:

I was wanting to know if as made marks, like the ones I post examples of are common to find on a CAC.

Folds, seams and as mades--(excluding blow holes) are not too common with CAC in my humble experience.

Nice group!

Marble--On!!

On 7/6/2024 at 6:37 PM, StevenJustSteven said:

So knowing the maker is already done. 

The one that is greenish and yellow--close to your thumb.

I could only wish to have one--killer marble and colors for sure!

Marble--On!!