Hello all 👋👋

Hi guys. Just wanted to introduce myself real quick. My name is Art, I just turned 39 and for the last 15 years I have been a full time caregiver for my grandmother. Confession time, I know nothing about marbles. I know, I know. But that’s why I am here, I need to learn. Anyway the reason I found this great group is because unfortunately the level of care my grandmother needs is more than I can provide, So I’m in the process of selling my grandmothers stuff to try and raise enough money to send her to the good nursing home in the area. (Well no nursing home is good, there are just less crappy ones) I found about 60 of what I believe are antique marbles, and I read that they can be worth money. So I am on here to learn about them, learn how to clean them and make sure I don’t get ripped off when I sell them. I will post a picture here with them in their current state, but once they are clean, I will put them in the identify my marble thread. Anyway, I look forward to picking all of your brains for as much information as I can. I hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day. 

IMG_6043.jpeg

IMG_6042.jpeg

Hello, Art. Welcome.  How wonderful that you are there for your grandmother.

I'm sad to tell you though your marbles are indeed old -- early to mid 1900's -- they are not the kind which would be worth a great deal even in mint condition.  

It looks like some child very much enjoyed playing with yours.  So with all the hit marks that I am seeing,  they are worth very little beyond the sentimental value.  :( 

Hello Art,

"Welcome to Marble Connection Art"   :wave2:

I agree w/ Steph. Unless you have a very rare marble hidden in the bunch somewhere sentimental value only. However post them anyway 4-5 @ a time showing multiple views and any apparent seams. A good solid I.D. will give you an idea of the real value if any. Sorry about your Grandmother, I hope she get's the best of care and a hidden gem is found in the pile O mibs you have. 

Again,

"Welcome"