Ca Peewee Slags

jcmeitzler

I have lurked on this sight for some time but never ask any questions untill now. I recently came across 3 ca peewee slags (7/16) and I was wondering how uncommon they are? One is 2 seam yellow with some red highlights, the other two are red/orange single seam.

Thanks,

Jerrel

In my experience not at all easy to find especially not the rarer colors. Some of the peewees can get incredibly small, there was a red up for auction at one point I believe in the 5/16" range. This is considering there are so many survivors from the limited time CA was open and there are existing packaging of 100 count peewees, 00, and 000. There ought to be quite a few floating around since we have a relatively high number of Guineas in circulation and they appear to have only come in 25 count boxes. Maybe these were lost more easily or maybe fewer were produced? Would love to see some pics and I hope this helps.

-Brad

edit: I checked around and the micro-slag i was thinking of was a jaw dropping 11/32"! It would be easy at that size to disappear into a pocket.

Brad,

The pee wee marbles were the best in a sling shot.

The flew faster & straighter.

The larger sizes didn't go as far & were harder to hold in the

pocket of the sling shot. But when all the little guys were gone

the others were fair game.

As a side note.

I lived on a mini farm. We raised chickens. When my mother would butcher them

She would clean the gizzards. Which sometimes contained???

YEP! Pee Wee marbles. MORE AMMO!!!

At the time I discovered that, I had over 3 thousand marbles.

When I finally graduated to a 22 rifle. I had 668 marbles left

mostly MK,s

The horror, the horror.

marblemiser

BTW

I do have a complete box of 100 ct OO. pee wee slags.

As soon as I figure out where to host my PICS.

I'll post some pics.

I guess that would explain the shortage haha and I never figured they would be appetizing to chickens...?? Learn something new everyday. You can actually upload the pics locally to the board. When you start a new message there is a field in the bottom right to upload. From there you can add a link for the image to your post. If not that way then this is what I also use. Full original boxes are a thing of beauty, looking forward to seeing it if you get the pics up. :Happy_143:

-Brad

Brad

The chickens ate them because they were shiny.

The reason there were ( the pee wees) to eat is. I shot them everywhere & at everything.

The gizzard is where the food gets ground up in the chicken. They

have to have something like stones, and or marbles to help with food digestion..

They don't pass them>

So I can put the pics in my documents as jpegs? And list them here from there?

marblemiser

Love the box man killer stuff!!!

You can take the photos as a .jpg and when you reply on the bottom right there is a field with "browse" and "upload" next to it. Browse to find the picture and then upload to get it onto Lou's. From there you can link it to your post and it will display. There is actually a photo tutorial here.

-Brad

• 1 month later...

Damn!! I'm not good with the proper terms for explaining uploading photos to the board's host...

If anyone can post a separate thread that explains it, I'll pin it!!

Where's Budster when we need him???