Found In A Cloth Bag

orbboy

If you can get used to hot and cold water coming out of different taps you might make it here. You need to decide if you want to freeze your hands or burn them to splash water on your face or rinse your toothbrush. I will say that for one of the cradels of civilization this is one backward assed country. Everything is really expensive as well.

Now now, I have fond memories of hitchhiking in England and northern Scotland back in 1972. When you could do such things. In October and November. At least, now that I am safely removed from the experience. For quite a while, though, those memories weren't entirely fond, I admit. I do distinctly remember the hot and cold taps. And having to put coins in a machine to release enough hot water for a bath.

But the breakfasts were great.

LOL I was born here so I can poke as much fun at Engalnd as I want. Don't get me started on how skinny the roads are. It's scarey.

Not to mention driving on the wrong -- uh, I mean the other -- side of the road . . .

And what we took to calling the whirlarounds.

I thought they were called "round abouts"

They were!

I finally started to like those giant circular intersections when I realized that if you missed the turn you wanted to take, you'd just be circled around again and again until even an idiot could work their way over, across multiple lanes of traffic, and catch the correct turn. We took to comparing the experience to those sections on some roller coasters where you go into spiraling turns (usually shrieking "I hate this part I hate this part")

No accent at all Steph. Not even any "aboots" or "ehs" as you Americans seem to think about Canadians hehe.

Roundabouts are a real great idea and save tons of time and effort in most cases. When things get busy they are a real pain in the ass though. The ones in London are nuts. I'm in Gloucester and it has a world famous one. Do a search for "Gloucester Rabbit Roundabout" and you can see. There are dozens and dozens of the little buggers.