MFC or a cruel tease?

bumblebee

Can you blame for me spending $10 on Buy it Now on these thinking they might be MFC opaques? I do not have them yet so I only have this one photo that does not show any nines or cut lines, but it seemed a worthwhile gamble considering:

• They were found at an estate sale
  • They measure about 3/4"
  • They are the three common MFC opaque colors: Persian Turquoise, Imperial Jade, and yellow.

What do you think? When I get them will I discover nines and cut lines, or will I discover I paid $1.66 each for six overweight Chinese checker marbles? ;)

mfc_or.jpg

3 minutes ago, Steph said:

Nice colors.  I can see why you're hopeful.

Worth the gamble.  

Heck, even if they're just oversized game marbles ... they would be quite pretty for what they turn out to be.

Thanks for a bump of hope. My thinking is it would be quite a coincidence to find game marbles in this size and just these colors. According to MarbleCollecting.com:

Generally, you can find them in green (“Imperial Jade”), light blue (“Persian Turquoise”), and yellow.

Just for comparison, here is a picture of the Akro game marbles that are No. 2 size (3/4) in the Chinese Checkers Box.  Definitely not your colors.  Yours look to be the correct pastel hue.  I'll also post one picture of Pete's/Galen's CA pastels box so you have that comparison.

CA Pastels Box (100) (Galen's - formerly Pete's) (12-11) - View 4.jpg

Akro Chinese Checkers Box No. 2 (60) (3-4 inch) - View 3 - Al - Disp.JPG

Akro Chinese Checkers Box No. 2 (60) (3-4 inch) - View 2 - Al - Disp.JPG

Thanks, Al. That's very helpful.

I won't have them for a week or so but I am very curious to know what they are if not MFC. A lack of visible nines or cut lines is baffling in the group shot. If not MFC maybe they are from some toy or game perhaps of later vintage? For $10 it's fun to hope and wait, sort of like a lottery ticket.