Got a set that needs names!

LindPW

Hmmmm ... might need more views.

But I'll take a shot at guessing.

1.  West Virginia swirl.  I'll make a further guess of Alley.

2.  If vintage, then West Virginia swirl.  Again, I'll be bold and say Alley.  (Some chance of it being a modern Vacor Old Fashioned.  But I have one like it that's old.)

3. Peltier Rainbo.  Peltier might have sold it in a box marked Bloodies.

4. West Virginia swirl

5. ??? Not getting a good feel for whether this is old or new.

6. Pretty color.  What size?

7.  More views please.  Could be a Peltier Peerless Patch. Or might turn into something else if you turn it around! ^_^

8.  Transparent swirl.   In the West Virginia swirl family.  I don't try to guess makers on transparent swirls.  

9.  Christensen Agate.    .... I also don't usually give Christensen as a guess, preferring to leave that to CAC collectors. But I think good chance.   Again, more views could change things.  

21/32" on #6.  Hmmmm ... It's not an ordinary game marble.  I agree with That1.  Alley would be my guess.  In this view it looks sorta swirly.  Randomly swirly.  What I'm curious about is if it has any more distinct patterns in other views.

On the 15/16" ... stick with "Akro corkscrew".  "Turkey" is used fairly exclusively for CAC's.  

On 10/3/2017 at 10:13 PM, I'llhavethat1 said:

#3, I agree

#6, I'd go with Alley based on the tone of blue, but hard to say

#7, Steph might have nailed it, although I wouldn't have guessed that from the first pic

#9, most likely a CAC, and even the 'elusive' turkey from the second angle

Nice group overall!

Thank you! I’m definitely feeling Alley on #6. Good eye!

Hmmmmmm...... i notice that no one wants to pin a definite label on #8. That's OK, WV swirl is a good label.

BUT, I must say, that one is my favorite. I like the "snake" action of the colored glass. 

How in the world do they make a marble like that? Surely not just by letting molten glass run out of the bottom of a furnace onto a set of rollers....... Was this marble a "happy accident" as Bob Ross would say?

Mike

Yes, that's exactly it.  Well, I think it collects in a little cup first before it goes to the rollers.  

.... but we have a lot of people who have seen marbles being made in person.  I'm not one of them.  Maybe they can add.