Ever Seen One Of These?

zaboo

WOW! Never seen that one. Looks like a something someone won or sent away for. Do you think it's an Imperial box under the label? I can see part of the address. Maybe it's too deep?

It's worth the box just for that cool mailing label! Who calls themselves 'Master'? LOL...

Awesome box!

Craig

i've sent an email to Roger and Claudia asking the same questions on packaging. will let y'all know what I hear back. i really like the part that says 'glass balls for every purpose'.

definately not an imperial box. this is really thick cardboard with metal side clips. wish it had the full amount of the cardinal reds. they're assorted sizes too.

Hey, maybe I solved the puzzle. I looked through all the Akro box pics that I have saved and only one of that size had the heavy duty metal tab/crimps on it. The printing at the bottom matches. Dani didn't show the edge of her box so maybe it hasthe same printing on it. It looks like aheavy duty boxfor mailing. Anyway, here the Akro Agates Sampler Box that might be the answer - hope, hope!

post-60-1214244407_thumb.jpg

post-60-1214244426_thumb.jpg

post-60-1214244437_thumb.jpg

This is exactly what I was thinking as well. The box you have is just missing the clips?

BTW: As far as 'glass balls for every purpose' goes. I interviewed a 95 year old man that worked for Akro in 1936. He told me a large part of there business at that time was making 1" black glass marbles that were shipped to Pennsylvania to the steel mills to polish or clean the equipment with.

Craig

Hey, maybe I solved the puzzle. I looked through all the Akro box pics that I have saved and only one of that size had the heavy duty metal tab/crimps on it. The printing at the bottom matches. Dani didn't show the edge of her box so maybe it hasthe same printing on it. It looks like aheavy duty boxfor mailing. Anyway, here the Akro Agates Sampler Box that might be the answer - hope, hope!

hey Al, looks like the same box! ours doesn't have any side printing tho. Talked to Claudia. they ahve one that was mailed to CO. date is approx very early 1920's. (could even be late teens. )

thanks Al!