Catseyes

milj

The best ways to know about cat's-eye marbles are to buy "Marbles The Guide to Cat's Eyes Marbles" by Castle and Peterson and the other is to go to the marble chat board that has the longest running thread and the thread is about cat's-eye marbles (help, can't think which board).

Here's the book a good read and reference book. Small but good.

Ebay ID# 250314619366

Search under Cats eye

Is it me or what but I cant get a link to operate in the righ manner??

Marble mental has the greatest thread ever on Cats.

Need to take a look at it.

Here are all the cats that I own, including (7) 3-way, 6-vane Japanese Cross-throughs, which is all color combos that they made, as far as I know.

I'd sure like to find some more high-quality Vacors. They rival Vitros in beauty, I think.

I like one type not represented in yours -- what I believe are the earliest Japanese cat's eyes. Simple design but vivid colors.

Some of the Vacor cats look way way too much like Japanese 6-vanes. (As you say, they're nice.)

Oh hey, you broke the picture up. I liked them all together.

You mean I grouped some of them wrong?

No, I didn't mean that. :-)

That was sort of a heads up about the possibility of confusing Vacors with Japanese 6-vanes.

But mostly I was admiring Vacors. They're nice ! I'm too worried about which are old and which are new.

Elizabeth / Pinx posted some examples of Mexican cats which could pass for Japanese. I'll try to get the link.

Here's a pretty good example of the early Japanese I like. Just bright solid colors. Healthy stimulation for the retinas. Fills 'em up without overloading. :-)

post-279-1188254338.jpg

Ok, here they are again, all together.

My "criteria", if it can be called that, for determining which were Vacor and which were Japanese, sometimes came down to whether or not the edges of the vanes were thin and sharp, or more rounded, like Vacors tend to have (at least the ones that I like). Also, Vacors tend to have what I would call more pastel hues, as well as more curvy vanes, and they usually fill out the marble more. Again, these observations are based solely on the types of marbles that I like (which is all that I care about.) :)

Ok, here they are again, all together.

:-)

This isn't the thread I was looking for. But it's one I'll want to know how to find again later. So you get to see it too. The most foolingest one of these might be the turquoise at the bottom.

Vacor Assorted Bag Opened

I can't remember just how close the ones in thread I'm still looking for might come to seeming vintage. I'm not fresh enough with cat's eyes. I might be fooled more easily than you.

Well, back to the search engine.