Orange County Show In Anheim

Mike Close did it again, a great show! It was really fun seeing all the people, and meeting new friends! The room trading was a little slow on some days. But it was fun talking to everyone! When I arrived at the show on Saturday I was surprised how many people were there! I took a lot of pictures! I will start with the marbles that I took home! Then the show pictures. I hope I get everybodies names right!

fd1.jpg

p21.jpg

p658.jpg

g3.jpg

Smitty found this one for me! Thanks Smitty! a Green Sunset!

l1.jpg

ct1-1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

al1.jpg

t1-1.jpg

m1-1.jpg

s1-1.jpg

pelts1-3.jpg

r1.jpg

a1.jpg

ll1.jpg

p8.jpg

p12-1.jpg

v1-4.jpg

v5-1.jpg

marbleshow27.jpg

Preston Norman and his Blue Angel now I know what the base looks like! Also found out that Smitty is the one who named it a Blue Angel.

blueangel2.jpgmarbleshow22.jpg

Mike Close

ms88.jpg

Matt

100_7614.jpg

Galen

100_7605.jpg

Steve Hawkins

ms55.jpg

ms44.jpg

Al and ?

smitty.jpg

Smitty

Continued

Here are some more Pictures!

marbleshow29.jpg

The Fishers

100_7677.jpg

Bennie Jones

marbleshow16.jpg

Sue Jones

marbleshow12.jpg

Jack Labbe and?

100_7609.jpg

100_7610.jpg

100_7606.jpg

100_7603.jpg

Bill O'Connor

100_7607.jpg

Al Rasmus

100_7597.jpg

The three Stooges ?? Galen,Smitty, and Sami ?

100_7599.jpg

?

smittyandhisEagles.jpg

I caught Smitty in bed with his eagles! A little blurry but I was shocked!

100_7600.jpg

Lee Linne

100_7601.jpg

PeeWee

bb1-1.jpg

Galen gave me this marble! Blood and Bones Pelt!

Good pics, Windy and better than me on some of the names... In the first post, that is Steve Pursch with me. The picture above us is Bob (Doc) Robbins and Landon Daniel. In the 2nd post, it's Jack Labbe on the right (blue shirt) and I'm drawing a blank on the other guy. Above Bill O'Connor is Larry Cannon. Below the 3 Stooges (Sami is the correct name) is Doug Hildebrand. By the way, Peewee is Steve Cogdill for those that don't know. I'll get my pics posted some day.

• 4 weeks later...

Great show report, Windy - came home with some nice marbles too! Thanks for sharing. I don't know how I missed your post the first time around. One of the marbles you posted really caught my eye. I have a couple of its kin, and have been trying to place them for a long while. Any idea on the maker of this one? Thanks, -Ric

post-1629-1239538750_thumb.jpg

Ric, I am not sure about this marble either! I have another one somewhere and always liked it. So I picked up this one also. Mine actually looks like it is corking! Here are some more pics, so you can see the cork! Do yours look like they are corking? The colors do remind me of some Ravenwoods I have seen. Check out the Ravenswood thread on this page, and look at the #2 post second marbles that are blue and orange. And tell me what you think! Windy

03.jpg02.jpg

04.jpg01.jpg

Windy, I noted Alan's Ravenswood long ago, and I have already considered the Ravenswood possibility in consultation with other collectors who have much more knowledge of the WV swirls than myself. The consensus is that mine are not Ravenswood, and as you can see from my photos, it does appear that ours are kin. A primary concern is the smearing of the blue present on our marbles as compared to Alan's. So given that, I continue to search for any examples from confirmed sources. And if I ever do get to the point where I have any confidence in an ID, I'll be sure to let you know - now that I know mine aren't the only ones on the planet :) . -Ric

2816562470104684377S425x425Q85.jpg