How To Make Marbles--instructions

Hi everyone--I've been gone for ages, and was just updating my website and thought I would come and post a couple links to marble related stuff that I still have on it. Click this link below and it starts you off--then links at the bottom of the intro to more specific info. You can also check my list on the right side of the page for more marble stuff (I STILL haven't added more marbles to my gallery--it still has only some of my very earliest efforts).

How to make marbles

All these message boards have gotten so fancy! Let's see if my sig. and stuff appears when I post...

Hi Jane,

I've seen your website before...fantastic!

I've also seen your beautiful, miniature marbles on another site. It's amazing how you can do that!

Thanks so much for coming back.

Have a great day!

:-) Felicia

Hi everyone--I've been gone for ages, and was just updating my website and thought I would come and post a couple links to marble related stuff that I still have on it. Click this link below and it starts you off--then links at the bottom of the intro to more specific info. You can also check my list on the right side of the page for more marble stuff (I STILL haven't added more marbles to my gallery--it still has only some of my very earliest efforts).

How to make marbles

All these message boards have gotten so fancy! Let's see if my sig. and stuff appears when I post...

Right on! Hi Jane - I remember you! I bought some of your marbles - and still have them in my collection - one of them looks like this one from your site:

mm15.jpeg

I remember when you made your first dragon marble and posted it for us to see - looks like they have improved alot!

Nice to see you here.

Ahhh! That makes me want to make more! LOL!

Yeah, technically you shouldn't have posted the pic--so, "whap" and don't do it again without asking first. Does Jill still have any for sale, I wonder. Haven't heard from her for ages.

Gee, maybe I'll get marble-crazy again...not going to make more, though, unless my hands get better and that doesn't look likely. It was the probably mini marbles that did them in.

Ahhh! That makes me want to make more! LOL!

Yeah, technically you shouldn't have posted the pic--so, "whap" and don't do it again without asking first. Does Jill still have any for sale, I wonder. Haven't heard from her for ages.

Gee, maybe I'll get marble-crazy again...not going to make more, though, unless my hands get better and that doesn't look likely. It was the probably mini marbles that did them in.

sorry - snagged a pic from your site too - thought it was okay as long as I mentioned where the photo was from.

There are free programs that let web viewers know when they right click the picture to save it that you do not want the photos copied without permissions - I used to have them on my website cuz one seller went through my entire site - copied all the photos and built their own website - NOT cool!

As for your mini marbles - I get more comments from everyone looking in my collectors case about the little tiny marbles - I put a note by the container that says "worlds smallest marbles" - everyone says - "are those really the worlds smallest?" - I just smile and say - YEP. :D

Like I'm going to have a problem with anyone admiring my work, LOL! If anyone asks me, unless they plan to make money from an image, I am usually delighted to let them use it--especially if it will be seen by other people for educational/informational purposes. If they do plan to make money from it (if it will be in a book, for instance), I simply ask for a usage fee based on expected distribution or sales. And, hey, with the mini marble image, maybe Jill will get more sales--free advertising for her! That is what I provided the image for, to help her sell the marbles she bought from me.

I hope she does still have some, those have got to be the cutest, tiniest marbles ever! I would think folks will love an example of your work. And perhaps the sales for Jill would be helpful in these harder times.

Being as you aren't able to make any more, which is a sad thought, would it not make these even more special and rarer? (just pondering) Were they your most difficult works?

Thanx

:-) Felicia

They were easy to make, but required finicky repetitive movements and mild constant strain on my hands. That combined with, apparently, an immune system and brain response malfunction, resulted in chronic tendon pain even after any possible injury had healed. Most of the time, I'm fine, but I'm not going to risk making the condition worse! It flares up for no reason now and then as it is.

The Dragons were the hardest! I do still have one peewee (1/2") dragon available--I took it off my website when I re-vamped it because it had been sitting there for a couple years. It does not photograph well because it is so tiny--the dragon looks squashed, but it isn't really at all, and of course the price scares off people, too.

msale2.jpeg