Kokomo Marble Show

joestreet

Hello everyone,

Here are some pictures and commentary on the Crossroads of America Marble Show. As usual Beth Morris and company put on a wonderful show, there were plenty of vendors and collectors on hand as well. All in all a fantastic time. I did take a few more pictures than usual, I tried to get more pictures of the marbles than I usually do but it does make for a rather long read.

Some things in Indiana:

1. Misty mornings.

2. Big bean fields.

3. Lucas Oil Stadium, home of the Colts.

4. And the Great Crossroads of America Marble Show!

1-4-2.jpg

5. George Sourlis and Nancy Frier. Nancy’s Grandfather was John Frier, founder of the Alox Manufacturing Company. George brought Nancy a tape he made of an interview with her father back in the late 90’s.

6. Some of George’s marbles.

7. A close up.

8. George after he had been fleeced by a couple of marble moochers.

5-8-2.jpg

9. Ric and Jake; Jake is budding young marble collector that has great taste in music (he’s a Floyd fan).

10. Here’s George and WVRON. Note the look of surprise on Ron’s face, I snuck up on them and shot this one.

11. The Splattman, Steve is a good guy who has contributed to my Kokomo collection on more than one occasion.

12. Chuck B. and Rhonda hanging out.

9-12-3.jpg

13. Diane B. fixing up some kids with marbles, thank you Diane.

14. Chuck talking to a fellow name Dirk. Dirk had some Kokomo’s that were his fathers; apparently his father was quite a marble player in his youth and had won a lot of marbles. The next two photo’s are of the Kokomo’s that he brought.

15. Kokomo’s

16. And some more Kokomo’s.

13-16-2.jpg

17. Some of Chuck & Diane’s marbles.

18. A few more.

19. Check out the two on the bottom.

20. Some Killer Vitro’s.

17-20-2.jpg

21. Some Akro box’s.

22. And some bags. When these folks come to a show they always have a lot of really nice marbles. I could literally spend a whole show looking at their stuff and probably not see it all. The pictures here are only a small sample.

23. I met this gentleman for the first time, his name is Jim Devitt.

24. Here are a few of his marbles and his contact info, Jedevitt at webtv.net 517-223-4470 or 702-239-1282.

21-24-2.jpg

25. Here we have Mike A. he fixed me up with a really cool red base Master. Thanks Mike!!! Mike is the VP of the Indiana Marble Club who also happens to have some very nice marbles.

26. Here is a nice hand made that Mike brought to the show.

27. Some more of Mike’s mibs.

28. And a few more.

25-28-2.jpg

29. Here is another fellow that I got to meet. We have spoke but I’d never met him in person. Bill, aka romanoak on the boards is a really nice fellow and he brought some killer handmades to the show. romanoak at aol.com or 859-983-6457.

30. Bill’s handmades.

31. Some more…

32. Wow!

29-32-1.jpg

33. Bill Bass, Bill always has a nice display of marbles. ibmarbls at pcii.net or

608-723-6138.

34. Some nice CAC’ and Akro’s…

35. Some cool Pelts.

36. I’ve seen (drooled over) this box before. I really like Parrots.

33-36-1.jpg

37. Art Jones, super nice fellow. Art hooked my kids up with a couple of Peltier tracers that are nicer than any I have in my collection.

38. Some of Arts marbles.

39. Mike Coyle.

40. Some of Brian Grahams, oxblood creations.

37-40-1.jpg

41. Ron Yutzy, seen here talking with Nancy. ronyutzy at mail.com or 574-536-7404.

42. Some of Ron’s personal marbles

43. John Duck, John gave my kids some marble bags that that got filled pretty quickly. He had a pretty large selection of marbles. duckmarbles at gmail.com or 740-984-4667 or 740-350-0893.

44. Some of the bubble packs that John brought.

41-44-1.jpg

45. Dan Grocki, Dan always brings a huge selection of marbles to the shows and I’ve seen him at almost every show that I’ve been to. Here are a couple of contact numbers for Dan, 574-255-2926 or 574-302-5390.

46. A few of Dan’s marbles.

47. A few more.

48. And one more shot.

45-48.jpg

49. Two great fellows, Bud Shute and Lonnie Conyers, they are a couple of “Marble Nuts” that always have a large selection of marbles. You can contact Lonnie at

765-747-9544 or lwcmarbles at aol.com I believe Bud’s e-mail is shutejbmarbles at people.com

50. Two kids and a dog. (needed a pic to fill out the group :)

51. Here is Beth Morris, a really sweet lady who is responsible for getting everyone together and putting on this great show. Thank you Beth, your hard work is very much appreciated.

52. Greg Morris, Beth’s husband. Super nice fellow who also plays an important roll in getting the show together. Thanks Greg.

49-52.jpg

If you made it to the end thank you. You can find some more marble show pictorials HERE.

Thanks again, Joe.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Marbledave, it seemed like a pretty active show to me but I'm not for sure on how marbles were selling. I purchased some marbles, not as many as I would have liked to but I managed a few :)

On another note, I have had several people ask me to e-mail them higher resolution pictures so that they could see the marbles better, if you see something that you want a larger shot of e-mail me and I'll send it to you.

Thanks again,

Joe