Need Value On Paperweight

Could you take pics from the top looking down and of the base at an angle, so that the texture shows??

Was there any sort of history that came with it?

got a few more pix of it. no history with it, the person got it from someone else. maybe you could just give me a guess and no i won't hold you to anything you say o.k.? thanks, jack

post-1692-125650821634_thumb.jpg

post-1692-125650823156_thumb.jpg

post-1692-125650824593_thumb.jpg

Opinion: It appears to have a construction in the "Jetson" style - but simplified to a single ring. It is a fairly simple piece - often sold at gift shops etc. Given that it is unsigned - it could be an someone's early piece. There is nothing in the glass or the style that points in any clear direction.

Opinion: It appears to have a construction in the "Jetson" style - but simplified to a single ring. It is a fairly simple piece - often sold at gift shops etc. Given that it is unsigned - it could be an someone's early piece. There is nothing in the glass or the style that points in any clear direction.

thanks anway alan, i appreciate you looking....jack

I have to second Alan's opinion... Unless there was someone who simply recognized it, it's a tough call...

The good news is... My first thought was "Chinese." It may be Chinese, or not... But, the clean polish of the base looks better than the usual fare.