Tumbled Glass

Wow. Where does she get the material she works with?!

I once broke a Peggy Karr plate. I couldn't bear to throw it away so I tumbled the pieces. That turned out nicely.

there's this old timer who has a rock shop out in the middle of the desert about 100 miles from reno. it's been a while since she has got any, if he's got it it comes in 6"x^6" or 9"x9" swirled chuncks. it is $6 a pound but you end up with a lot........thanks, jack

Hey there Jack, just caught my attention when you mentioned Reno. I lived in Sparks for three years while I was stationed at the Mountain Warfare Training Center, just South of there about 2 hours on highway 395. If you keep going South you hit a turn off to the East which takes you to an old ghost town called Bodie. One of the coolest things they had there in that ghost town was a display in the old general store,(maybe it was the old taven) was old marbles that they had found while turning the town into a park. Very neat little place, but since it sits above 10k feet elevation, it only a summer trip. Well, there my two cents. lol God bless

Gary

Hey there Jack, just caught my attention when you mentioned Reno. I lived in Sparks for three years while I was stationed at the Mountain Warfare Training Center, just South of there about 2 hours on highway 395. If you keep going South you hit a turn off to the East which takes you to an old ghost town called Bodie. One of the coolest things they had there in that ghost town was a display in the old general store,(maybe it was the old taven) was old marbles that they had found while turning the town into a park. Very neat little place, but since it sits above 10k feet elevation, it only a summer trip. Well, there my two cents. lol God bless

Gary

that's really cool about bodie. i have a son who lives in reno, we try to visit him yearly but other than reno gambling all we have seen is carson city. next trip i'll check out bodie for sure. thanks, jack