I Never Knew!!!!

BOOIE

I never in a lifetime knew there were such marbles out there. I am of course refering to all the Unique, Brilliant, and swirls and ribbons of the marbles that I had NO IDEA even existed!!! Where do you get them how can a marble so old still have its brilliance and vibeance? How can you tell the age of a marble? How do you know if your marble is rare? I am sorry I ask so many questions, I have limited resources and though I have always had an intirest in marbles and just like collecting them it was not until my collection"got gone" and then a few years later a handful of marbles were given to me that I sat. The sitting happened about 9 days ago that I wanted to know anything and everything about marbles.How many different kinds of marbles are there? How many different color combos and patern combos be?

PLEASE KNOWLEDGE ME(i did find an online library where you can read whole books that had a couple marble books but they were 28-50 pages)& Thank you

BOOIE

Just stick around.....the light will dawn! Many of the answers will be found in online possibilities but check out the marble bibliographies available at the Chat Boards and then pick up on eBay a book or two for an introduction. I think the Johnson, Metzler & Six book AMERICAN MACHINE-MADE MARBLES for machine-mades and Block's MARBLES-IDENTIFICATION & PRICE GUIDE for handmades. Also Castle & Peterson's books for machine-mades as well. Good Luck! David

. . . How many different kinds of marbles are there? How many different color combos and patern combos be? . . .

BOOIE

Seems like billions and billions!

Welcome to the obsession.

For antique marbles, I think the very best book is Paul Baumann's "Collecting Antique Marbles," but it might be a bit much to start with.

Some websites you should take a look at:

joemarbles.com

peltiermarbles.com

landofmarbles.com

And explore this board -- Steph's Study Hall and Archived Threads!

Just stick around.....the light will dawn! Many of the answers will be found in online possibilities but check out the marble bibliographies available at the Chat Boards and then pick up on eBay a book or two for an introduction. I think the Johnson, Metzler & Six book AMERICAN MACHINE-MADE MARBLES for machine-mades and Block's MARBLES-IDENTIFICATION & PRICE GUIDE for handmades. Also Castle & Peterson's books for machine-mades as well. Good Luck! David

thank you

BOOIE

Seems like billions and billions!

Welcome to the obsession.

For antique marbles, I think the very best book is Paul Baumann's "Collecting Antique Marbles," but it might be a bit much to start with.

Some websites you should take a look at:

joemarbles.com

peltiermarbles.com

landofmarbles.com

And explore this board -- Steph's Study Hall and Archived Threads!

I have been to them Joemarbles I love his take and info on photography and Land of marbles ...the home page is beffernt,I would find facts and answers to my questions but when I was entering a totally different search topic

BOOIE

Thanking people for the kudos I've received on the Study Hall recently. Might encourage me to do some more updating.

Big echo on the Joemarbles.com plug.

OH PLEASE DO...out of ALL the marble places I have been to "stephs study hall" has been the best! You Have a question or want to know something...search it, and BAM! its exactly the kind of info I was seeking.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE>>>PPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAZZZZZZZZZZZEEE!

Booie