Jabo Green Brick Be Aware

Mike

thank you. i look at marbles on ebay and just cringe when i see deception. or what i think is deception. others have brought it up here before so i did. there is also a description where he says billions and trillions of jabo recent run marbles have been made to promote how rare his marbles are. this too is deceiving.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARBLE-MARBLES-JABO-GREEN-BRICK-with-TAIL_W0QQitemZ290426384076QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMarbles?hash=item439ec2eecc

this is all i wanted to bring up. im okay with Jabo but we all agree that there should be no deception in ebay auctions. right?

So then it is offical Dave has no idea of what he is doing and just dumping glass blindly into the machine. This is exactly what sissydear and mikeymarbles has led us to believe. People are just showing up with fists full of money. Glass is just being picked up along the road anywhere they can see it. Then everyone just throws what they have found in and magically the flame pattern gets better each run and the colors get nicer. NOT!!!! (that was for you sissydear) cool-smileys-262.gif

Man, if only Dave knew what he was doing he would really be making some nice marbles.

Brian, I thought your post before this one was sarcastic humor. I posted I thought it was hilarious. I concur with what you said too. I know you don't disrespect David. I am the one who invited you and got Steve to invite you to come to our run. I enjoyed your company.

After this post I guess I didn't understand at all. You seem to have a problem with me. I don't get it. I never said Dave has no idea of what he is doing. I never said he dumped glass blindly into the machine. So why include my name in your post? David knows glass. He knows modifications to make to the tank and many other fine tuning examples I could list. Glass being picked up alongside the road? We wish. The glass we have invested in is expensive and you of all people know it. David learns from each run and tries to take it a step further the next run. As David learns the patterns get better and better but they don't look vintage except for the one in 120,000.

Other folks think that 1 marble is deliberately made? They make nasty remarks about all of us for one accidental occurrence? You are picking a fight saying these things and I don't understand why you want to direct it at me. I'm one of the little people. I'm a small investor and haven't sold any marbles to speak of. They are all right here in my home. I haven't cheated anyone and am not aware of anybody in the Tribute group who has. Certainly not Warnelis. He has been selling JABO's as JABO's for many years. His auction was clearly marked JABO Green brick and he described it accurately in the auction. So what is your beef with me?

I can't see a beef with Warnelis either. He's one of the honest guys. If the whole intent of this is to get us to talk about some we know that have been dishonest, look somewhere else for that. There has been enough character assassination over JABO's. First Steve, then me, then David Chamberlain, and now Mike Warnelis. You don't like some of our comments? Well, put yourself in our shoes, on the receiving end of the nastry remarks, particularly the ones impugning our character and see how you like it. See how you react to it. Whenever we fight back and use the tactics of the accusers, we are labeled as the bad guys and impugned even more. Whenever we complain we are labeled as "censoring, can't take criticism, whiners, don't understand constructive criticism, super sensitive, don't have a life, always put down - and then the detractors deny it. It's always our fault.

I thought a thread showing the marbles and telling some stories about the runs would help. I thought information would help the folks who don't know JABO. I spent a life time teaching kids, then teachers, and then administrators. I mistakenly thought I could teach JABO marbles. Too many of you have closed minds for me to waste my time taking pics and assembling the info. After over 15 pages of posts on this one and 3 others, I suspect some of you really want the thread, really want to learn, are ready for the JABO information. I also suspect some others want it just so they can rip me and use the info to disrespect the JABO name and people involved in the runs even further. That remark comes from reading the posts of known detractors here. Regardless of the facts I could post here and the pictures, your goal would be to twist whatever I write into what you believe to be the truth. You would make me out to be dishonest and a liar and a whiner just like in previous discussions. So I have to ask myself what's in this for me? The answer is a lot of time and effort. I have to take pics of a load of marbles. I have to write facts and relate happenings and tell about neat things that happened. I have to spend hours at the computer cropping pics, resizing them and uploading them. Then I get to spend more time writing and posting the pics from my photo host. Then what happens? More of the same treatment? Well forget that. I've got better ways to spend my time when the reward is nasty criticism of me, my friends, our marbles. I have a marble show in two weeks that my time would better be spent on. I have interests other than marbles that do not bring all the negativity. I am surrounded by friends and family that have to give up my time if I spend my time on futility tasks. In other words, I have a life beyond marbles and it's a great one.

To those of you who expressed the desire to learn, I am deeply sorry to disappoint you. I truly wanted to share the marbles and the info and I thought it might work. I don't see any way to help you learn when the detractors already have their minds made up and their only goal in taking part is to tear down whatever I might post. I am referring to (1) those who say "I heard that......, someone said........, I thought I heard someone say........." and (2) those who want to blame the JABO company and investors for all the dishonest things done with JABO marbles and (3)those who blame others for their own ignorance. If you don't learn JaBO's, ignorance reigns! (And you don't know how bad it hurts me to say that). Again, I'm sorry for thinking I could help you.

thank you. i look at marbles on ebay and just cringe when i see deception. or what i think is deception. others have brought it up here before so i did. there is also a description where he says billions and trillions of jabo recent run marbles have been made to promote how rare his marbles are. this too is deceiving.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item439ec2eecc

this is all i wanted to bring up. im okay with Jabo but we all agree that there should be no deception in ebay auctions. right?

Warnelis knows the real numbers. He was using humor here just like you Brian.

sissy dear the "not" comment was for you because you brought up that he used it. why are you still saying that i disrespect you and others and jabo. i do not. mike does not either know the numbers or he is lying in his ebay auctions just to sell marbles. it is that cut and dry. are you not reading the posts. or can you not see past the whole jabo thing. please read the posts and follow the links he is a liar in his ebay auctions that is what the whole thing from me is about. it is not about you, steve, dave, or jabo. so know i have been told to get a life, that i have a closed mind, i just dont fully understand why you cant see my point. this is about mike and the ebay auctions that i linked. nothing more. i have alot of jabos. i respect dave. i have not called you or steve out. i did use your name with the not thing just because you jumped stiff legged into the thread and didnt understand what i was getting at. IT'S ABOUT MIKE'S AUCTIONS!!!!! I mean nothing more.

Well Brian, I do read Mike's auctions. I do buy from Mike. I have never seen him misrepresent marbles or lie. I know Mikey and his sense of humor. Mikey is poking fun at the detractors like you when he gives those fake numbers. He is striking back at what he considers attacks and by the way when you call a person a liar that's an attack. You have the right to think it. You have the right to not buy. But posting it here on a chatboard when Mikey has not spread lies here is unacceptable. It doesn't compare to our objections of the lies and stories posted here that some of us have fought against. Maybe people who don't know what he is attempting is sarcastic humor directed at the detractors. Maybe he shouldn't do it. Maybe reading comprehension skills are low and some do not understand what he wrote. I read that auction and I saw sarcastic humor.

I jumped stiff legged into the post over "not". I could not see how you missed that word. If you saw it, you could not have understood it. I was pointing out that you read it incorrectly. And you did and still don't see it. What if someone else on this chatboard had called "not" to your attention? Would they have been a recipient of your caustic post? I don't think so. You need to reread that post and get it into your head that the whole thing (Mike's post) was sarcastic humor. As for getting a life, I never said that to you. You said it to me when I objected months ago to what you wrote to me.

Wow you really don't get it. You are the ultimate jabo martyr. You took a post completely not about you or jabo and made it totally about you and jabo. Wow, I will refrain from posting what i think you deserve but i feel sorry for you and your affliction. Wow my mind has been blown by this. So now for anyone but the chosen few to even use the term jabo in any way other than complete and utter worship is wrong. Wow. Persecution complex anyone?

No Brian, you don't get it. You brought my name into it. And this post is about JABO. And you are singling me out. And the marble you posted about is a really nice different JABO marble. Count up the other posters who posted about JABO in this thread.

Now it's just sad. Now you are just wandering around aimlessly.

I am not going to post anymore in this thread. I have said my piece. A few agreed, a few did not. I hope Jabo continues to do well. I am sure they will with Dave at the helm. But I will continue to patrol Ebay and call out people who are not truthful. Even if it is a Jabo marble. Aint Skeered.

quote:""edgy" and "passionate": okay

"abusive": not okay"

not that I dont agree

but

damnitman I really dont want to go here.

what if all members reported every post they found "objectionable"

David

Hell most of these threads need closing

Edna is right in that its gone on long enough but nothing every gets resolved, half of the trouble is from fueds taking place mostly off board and then interjected into every thread.

But without "the members" ballsing up and allowing something to be brought to or come to resolution the same old accusations dominate.

I've watched thread after thread closed, it really doesnt seem to have the desired effect.

edit: I know thats just my opinion and we dont get to vote.