Purchases Today Non Marble.

Sure had no idea I'd be winding up with some of the following items today but a neighbor clearly had me figured out as to what would appeal to me and I wound up buying among a doz. things all together: (1) One of the earliest swatches(see thru), (2) pr. of late 1940s/early 50s cap guns(heavy) w/holster, flip out cartridge, sweet weight, (3) a boomerang by Colorado Boomerangs handcrafted, numbered #20/24 and signed and dated, (4) another boomerang but primitive with carved Kangaroos for real!, (5) A Halliburton Camera Case(combination lock, maybe not bullet proof but it looks like it. (6) very nice Indian Blanket, (7) a Basket that has to be checked out. I sort of collect baskets..... and on and on. Why do these things present themselves when you're not fully flush? David

The Halliburton case is actually designated on the case as a Camera Case. It has a little bit of the appearance of the Case for skates in the movie RONIN but is narrower and has only one combination lock whereas the skate case appears to have two combination locks. I've been told that they originally ran a couple hundred bucks. I got a doz. items from my neighbor and he was only asking $100. I wrote him a check for $125 I was feeling so guilty. I even told him to reconsider selling the things. I'm already wearing one of the Swatches and I've never been a watch wearing person.

By the way the Indian Blanket is 'Beaver State' Pendelton Woolen Mills. The cap guns weigh just an oz. over 1 lb each. I was practicing with them last night! David

You know, David, you would make a natural Ronin. Really. Once a highly respected Master, but now an outcast forever blogging from forum to forum, looking for....whatever it is you are looking for. Just don't commit the "soupyka", you know, using a dull butter knife to spill your innards. Can I be your second? I would be honored. :fighting-547:

You do know I am kidding. Snatch the marble from my hand, Grasshopper and all that stuff... :)

I hear ya!

What a great movie(Ronin) too. To have De Niro, Jean Reno and Natascha McElhone in the same movie....well. And don't forget Stellan Skarsgard. I was sold on Reno as well as Portman in the movie "The Professional." I think that was Natalie Portman's first movie and it was a gutsy role.

Yeah, sometimes it does feel like I'm spilling my guts. I've always had a thing about going down in flames! Why do things halfway?

David