What Do You Think Of These For A Purchase?

4672021998_96a45a855a.jpg

4671397275_9e761c1a1f.jpg

Haven't had a chance to visit boards much anymore but have more free time now. Pictures not the best but think this might be a good purchase, about 40 minutes from me. I know handmades are down in pricing, some have nicks she told me and doesn't know if anything has been polished, etc, but like to add these to my collection. It's a drive to see sight unseen but from the crappy photos, 50 dollars is still a good deal, right? Editing because bought for 40.

Edited by hdale7

Howard and family! Good to see you!

I don't know about prices but that sure is a big marble there...They're all kewl. Maybe you'd know better if you went and saw them if it's worth the money? A nice Spring drive can be just as fun as where you are going to end up.

Take Howie, he's part of the future of the hobby, he'll help ya decide.

:-) Felicia

Hi Steph and Felicia,

My job has been taking me all over the state/out of state and all extra free time is spent with the wife and my 3 boys on the weekends. Looks like I'm laid off for awhile so I have some free time on my hands now and will try to start tackling mib collecting/posting with more frequency.

From the photo see the big mib, 1 latticino core smaller but could even be solid, 1 smaller solid core I believe?, the one between the 2 small hmades can't tell what that is but possible hmade but don't really think so, and 2 brownish ones that I can't tell what they could be but due to lighting could be something and didn't photograph well. Some real common marbles, couple that I think are some nice mmade mibs but unsure if they are what I think they are/maker, and a few that can't tell if are worth anything or the maker. Such a mix and with the photos is hard to tell.

Sister works in Grand Rapids 2nd shift and is picking them up for me and meeting her at 2pm. 40 dollars sight unseen is worth it to me and saves me 10 dollars of gas to boot, Howie will be pleased as well, but the onionskin has the most damage and the smaller handmades have some nicks. the brown she thinks are maybe clay or wood but thinks they are clay, I guess that's what the brown ones were. Will post pics tomorrow and here was the link, forgot to post it first time.

My link

Howie is 7 and a half now, Ryan is almost 4, and Alexander is a little over 2 yrs. Felicia, you still collect the purple colored mibs, I sent you most of what I had when we traded about 2 years ago.

Nice way of saving gas to boot! What did the one above the big onionskin end up being? Top right looks like it could be OK too if it's a vintage hand made

Top right and top left with the green/white one in between were german handmade marbles but she guessed close to an inch. My sister knows a little bit about mibs cause I tell her if you ever see ones that look like this and show her a few handmades that I have and close to an inch in size and pretty good condition, buy them if less than 10 dollars. My sister garage sales a lot. Will get them later tonight when sister comes home from work. She all ready has them in her possession. Ended up only paying 40 so think it's a good deal even if some may have fleabites and moons. I'll post pics tomorrow. I'm so excited like a kid in a candy store and Howie is too.